2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Proud Of Her
By Proud Owner on 05/04/06 11:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my little Tracker. She is fun to drive and has more room inside than I expected, especially when you sit the back seats up straight. The only thing I would have changed would be to have her pull more weight.

Reliable
By Chris Jones on 02/23/06 11:43 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive my car harder and farther than most people; yet, I have had this car for 4 years and have never had a problem. Handles OK in snow w/ 4WD, would be better w/ a heavier back end.

No regrets so far
By munk on 08/11/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Tracker has been a very good car so far. It's fun to drive, and I've had no problems with it. With normal maintenance and expected parts replacement (battery, brake pads, etc), it's been virtually problem free. The only complaints are the lack of leg room for the driver, even with the seat all the way back, and the carpet is not very durable. This car is just what it looks like, cute, fun, and good on gas.

'02 ZR2
By Steve on 05/24/05 01:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tracker ZR2 to tow behind our motorhome. Setup for towing four down is a breeze. Transmission in park - Transfer in neutral - key on access and go. Tow brackets are available off the shelf and are simple DIY bolt on. The bracket receivers pass through the grill without mods and when the hitch assembly is off they are next to invisible. I don't know it's behind my diesel pusher when towing. I love its size. I can make a parking spot most anywhere. It's manueverable and fun to drive.

Good for the Money
By purtycoolguy on 04/05/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a lease return in its first year and was my first "American" vehicle purchase in over twenty years. Loving the value I got from paying 1/2 the price for a new one and also the continued trouble free operation. Four wheel drive has been more than handy in three blizzard occasions. The top comes off easily enough and gives you a wide open feel with big windows for full visibility.

Great tow and work vehicle
By T on 03/09/05 15:50 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Tracker is easy to park and gets very good gas mileage. We tow it behind our motorhome and it is very easy to hook up. The shift on the fly 4WD is great. I drive this vehicle to work on the interstate and in town and it handles well in all situations. If you're looking for a dependable tow vehicle or work vehicle this one will do the job.

My ZR2
By Yoshi on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable and agile on snow, 4WD capabily on-the-fly is a nice touch, helps you save gas. I get very poor mileage, even in 2WD mode 95% of the times, I get 15-18 mpg, which is unexceptable given the fact that the truck is so light. It was build poorly as well, the drivers door is falling apart already after only 40K miles! The driver side visor also broke off. The trunk light inside never goes off! I have black tape over it. Asides the problems, its a very fun car to drive. Its quite fast, the light weight teamed with the V-6 makes it take off very quickly. Very noisy in the cabin, feels like it floats during light winds, or 80+ mph it swirvs left and right!

Can't wait to get rid of it!!!
By mr853 on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this in 02 after my lease of my alero ran out. This is one of the worst cars I have ever owned. The wind moves you all over the road and during the winter it is even worse. Almost went in the ditch a couple of times from the semi's gust of wind blowing me over. I am getting an '05 Equinox LT fully loaded in a couple of weeks as I had to special order mine from Chevrolet. I am so looking forward to never driving this ever again. I don't recommend this car at all!!!

Fun to drive
By Matt1965 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good milage for a 4wd. I avg 24-25mpg. Interior is a little cramped for long trips, plastic scratches easily & leaves white marks.

not a great choice
By BarbieCar on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new 2 yrs ago and while we havent had trouble with it mechanically, it was a bad choice. My husband was in a head on collision in this car at 40 mph and the airbag failed to deploy. Theres no room for luggage and passengers in this car, you have to chose one or the other. It gets blown all over the place on windy highways & bridges,& the steering is so tight that the wheel turns itself when the tires hit small bumps. It makes for a very swervy ride.The soft top makes a lot of noise while driving. Overall it is fun to drive in the summer, but if its going to be your only transportation, you may want to reconsider.