2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
I miss my
By ScarlettMaryeForever on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My mother bought this car when we were in need of another car, after i had gotten my license. I was Rear ended at a stop. this car was crushed, totaled. but i was completely safe, it saved my life. all that i got was a few cuts and bruised. This car did save my life, if i was in any other type of vehicle i would have been killed on spot. I miss this thing. "my Little Monster"

No regrets so far
By munk on 08/11/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Tracker has been a very good car so far. It's fun to drive, and I've had no problems with it. With normal maintenance and expected parts replacement (battery, brake pads, etc), it's been virtually problem free. The only complaints are the lack of leg room for the driver, even with the seat all the way back, and the carpet is not very durable. This car is just what it looks like, cute, fun, and good on gas.

not a great choice
By BarbieCar on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new 2 yrs ago and while we havent had trouble with it mechanically, it was a bad choice. My husband was in a head on collision in this car at 40 mph and the airbag failed to deploy. Theres no room for luggage and passengers in this car, you have to chose one or the other. It gets blown all over the place on windy highways & bridges,& the steering is so tight that the wheel turns itself when the tires hit small bumps. It makes for a very swervy ride.The soft top makes a lot of noise while driving. Overall it is fun to drive in the summer, but if its going to be your only transportation, you may want to reconsider.

Simeya's Cheverolet Tracker Experience
By Simeya Hobby on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, since I have bought my new Tracker i have had nothing but problems. I had 3 oil leaks with in 1 year on owning the car, gas pump went out, brake light went out, suspension bolt was loose, and a coolant leak. I never imagined I would have this much trouble with a new car. I havent had the car 2 years yet. The dealer ship has offered to buy the car back from me and give refund me for all of my payments ( with the help of the BBB).