Used 2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Luv my ZR2 updated.
By Steve Little

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Tracker ZR2 for nearly 14 years now. Had 7 miles on it back then. Only 86500 miles now, plus about 40000 towed four wheels down behind my motorhome. It has never, NEVER, failed me or my wife. It is a small,, nimble, fun little 4X4. I'll admit, there are better and more powerful drivers out there. But, after all these years, it's still clean, tight and fun to drive. Everything works like it did the day I bought it. Did have a rear oil seal fail under warranty. Nothing since. Putting on my 3rd set of tires now and we are heading out in a few weeks driving it 3400 miles to Florida to be our runabout at our winter home in Bradenton Beach.

Update: Now 4/2016. I'm more in love with my tracker than ever. We drove to Florida the end of November. The tracker was loaded with stuff including 2 or 3 hundred pounds on the hitch carrier. It performed flawlessly over the 6 day drive doing 500 to 700 miles a day. As a runabout car, it is great. Small enough to make a parking space most anywhere at the beach. 92k on it now . The body and mechanics are still as tight as when it was new.

Great for city driving....
By chevrolet4ever

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Chevy Tracker 4door, 2.0L automatic 4x4. It is great for any kind of city driving, and has a nice ground clearance for those pesky speed bumps and potholes, it's 4WD works very well, however i do have a few complaints, on gravel/snow NEVER take it above 50KM/h(30mph) cause it's short wheel base and poor steering control, it's back end likes to Kick out, and can easily loose control of the vehicle, and with it's narrow wheels flipping is defiantly a possibility, and at hwy speeds it defiantly feels tipsy, especially on bumpy roads, it likes being thrown around, defiantly cant be distracted when at hwy speeds. but i found it had suficent head room and easy to park, power is lacking

the four wheel drive (when the whirly wheelbase throws you in a ditch it gets you our real easy), the A/C works Great, lots of headroom, tough frame/suspension, can take abuse.

longer/wider wheelbase, a more powerful base engine, a tougher look (it literally is a vehicle that appeals to 16 year old girls), a better steering and braking system, it's very "loose"

I miss my
By ScarlettMaryeForever

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My mother bought this car when we were in need of another car, after i had gotten my license. I was Rear ended at a stop. this car was crushed, totaled. but i was completely safe, it saved my life. all that i got was a few cuts and bruised. This car did save my life, if i was in any other type of vehicle i would have been killed on spot. I miss this thing. "my Little Monster"

Great turning, gas efficient, and was incredibly fun to drive. slightly light, but it was so lovely.

none to my knowledge.

Awesome mini SUV
By Pj

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Me and my mother actually shared this vehicle, and it was everyone's favorite. It was the perfect size, Decent fuel economy with the 4 cylinder, the 4x4 was unbeatable, for a little 4 cylinder we would take it mudding and it would just sail around all those big "Mud" trucks that kept getting stuck. A real gold class SUV

The 4x4 and the size, it was perfect, now all the mini suv's are getting bigger. bring the tracker back!

The a/c blower could use a bit more "oomph", and the fuel economy could have been improved. And definitely an interior refresh.

Excellent little car
By alaska

2002 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this for the past 2 1/2 yrs and it has never given me any problems at all. It has been completely reliable transportation. The only thing I have done to it has been regular maintenance and purchased a new battery only because it still had the original one. 4whl drive has been excellent and no need for snow tires and has driven on pure ice roads. More than enough power and still great on gas with the nice v-6 Suzuki engine. Maybe there have been some lemons but overall I can say this has been one of the best cars I have ever owned besides my Toyota truck and Saturn car and I would have to now rank this car along with them as well. Never heard of the tracker till I read a review.

great features: 4 wheel drive, fully loaded, v-6 good gas mileage, not big but not too small either, fold down rear seats, luggage rack, rear door tire mount, good handling, lots of window view, good road clearance sets high but not too high, good driver leg room with room for young ones in back

no complaints at all so can't even think of an improvement to suggest