2002 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Reliable
By Chris Jones on 02/23/06 11:43 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive my car harder and farther than most people; yet, I have had this car for 4 years and have never had a problem. Handles OK in snow w/ 4WD, would be better w/ a heavier back end.

'02 ZR2
By Steve on 05/24/05 01:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tracker ZR2 to tow behind our motorhome. Setup for towing four down is a breeze. Transmission in park - Transfer in neutral - key on access and go. Tow brackets are available off the shelf and are simple DIY bolt on. The bracket receivers pass through the grill without mods and when the hitch assembly is off they are next to invisible. I don't know it's behind my diesel pusher when towing. I love its size. I can make a parking spot most anywhere. It's manueverable and fun to drive.

My ZR2
By Yoshi on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable and agile on snow, 4WD capabily on-the-fly is a nice touch, helps you save gas. I get very poor mileage, even in 2WD mode 95% of the times, I get 15-18 mpg, which is unexceptable given the fact that the truck is so light. It was build poorly as well, the drivers door is falling apart already after only 40K miles! The driver side visor also broke off. The trunk light inside never goes off! I have black tape over it. Asides the problems, its a very fun car to drive. Its quite fast, the light weight teamed with the V-6 makes it take off very quickly. Very noisy in the cabin, feels like it floats during light winds, or 80+ mph it swirvs left and right!

Can't wait to get rid of it!!!
By mr853 on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this in 02 after my lease of my alero ran out. This is one of the worst cars I have ever owned. The wind moves you all over the road and during the winter it is even worse. Almost went in the ditch a couple of times from the semi's gust of wind blowing me over. I am getting an '05 Equinox LT fully loaded in a couple of weeks as I had to special order mine from Chevrolet. I am so looking forward to never driving this ever again. I don't recommend this car at all!!!

My Wife's ZR-2
By Country on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Its a very nice car, not to big but not to small to the point I have to fold myself up to get in, and she didn't want anything big. It drives very nice, and smooth, we have taken 3 trips so far , and it has been great. The biggest problem I see is that it doesn't like a crosswind much, but I put bigger wheels on it, and that did the trick. I also did a few small things with the motor to wake up some horse's, its real nice now. To me its a pretty good family car, I don't think anyone would go wrong with a small family.

Chev Tracker 4 dr, 4WD ZR2
By tarmstro on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a huge value...I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small 4WD SUV

So Far So Good!
By MarcAntiny on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my tracker for about 9 months now and I've had no problems thus far. It handles great in the snow and that comes in handy when I have to get to work at 4am and the plows aren't out yet. It's a tad cramped on long drives but if you stretch every once in a while it's bearable. I'm single and don't have kids so space is never an issue... I just got a tow hitch installed so I can haul around my new Wave Runner... When I see how it handles the trailering etc... I'll post some more... Overall I get about 20-24 miles to the gallon... great for a truck built on a ladder frame... I've even taken it offroad in New Hampshire on some trails and it handled great.