Used 2002 Chevrolet Tracker Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Tracker

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

I miss my
By ScarlettMaryeForever

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My mother bought this car when we were in need of another car, after i had gotten my license. I was Rear ended at a stop. this car was crushed, totaled. but i was completely safe, it saved my life. all that i got was a few cuts and bruised. This car did save my life, if i was in any other type of vehicle i would have been killed on spot. I miss this thing. "my Little Monster"

Favorite Features

Great turning, gas efficient, and was incredibly fun to drive. slightly light, but it was so lovely.

Suggested Improvements

none to my knowledge.

No regrets so far
By munk

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Tracker has been a very good car so far. It's fun to drive, and I've had no problems with it. With normal maintenance and expected parts replacement (battery, brake pads, etc), it's been virtually problem free. The only complaints are the lack of leg room for the driver, even with the seat all the way back, and the carpet is not very durable. This car is just what it looks like, cute, fun, and good on gas.

Favorite Features

The ease of parking, and the very smooth ride for the type of vehicle it is.

Suggested Improvements

Better carpeting, more leg room in the front. That's about it.

not a great choice
By BarbieCar

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new 2 yrs ago and while we havent had trouble with it mechanically, it was a bad choice. My husband was in a head on collision in this car at 40 mph and the airbag failed to deploy. Theres no room for luggage and passengers in this car, you have to chose one or the other. It gets blown all over the place on windy highways & bridges,& the steering is so tight that the wheel turns itself when the tires hit small bumps. It makes for a very swervy ride.The soft top makes a lot of noise while driving. Overall it is fun to drive in the summer, but if its going to be your only transportation, you may want to reconsider.

Favorite Features

It looks cute and is very zippy. Top down options are fun.

Suggested Improvements

Loosen the steering and work on airbag sensors.

Simeya's Cheverolet Tracker Experience
By Simeya Hobby

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, since I have bought my new Tracker i have had nothing but problems. I had 3 oil leaks with in 1 year on owning the car, gas pump went out, brake light went out, suspension bolt was loose, and a coolant leak. I never imagined I would have this much trouble with a new car. I havent had the car 2 years yet. The dealer ship has offered to buy the car back from me and give refund me for all of my payments ( with the help of the BBB).

Favorite Features

Favorite features is that is it a fun suv, it attracts alot of attention, and its a jeep.

Suggested Improvements

Definately examine the engine more before releasing the car, sterio systems is terrible, and adding a/c and cd player as a standard feaute.