2002 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Great for city driving....
By chevrolet4ever on 08/03/14 19:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Chevy Tracker 4door, 2.0L automatic 4x4. It is great for any kind of city driving, and has a nice ground clearance for those pesky speed bumps and potholes, it's 4WD works very well, however i do have a few complaints, on gravel/snow NEVER take it above 50KM/h(30mph) cause it's short wheel base and poor steering control, it's back end likes to Kick out, and can easily loose control of the vehicle, and with it's narrow wheels flipping is defiantly a possibility, and at hwy speeds it defiantly feels tipsy, especially on bumpy roads, it likes being thrown around, defiantly cant be distracted when at hwy speeds. but i found it had suficent head room and easy to park, power is lacking

I miss my
By ScarlettMaryeForever on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My mother bought this car when we were in need of another car, after i had gotten my license. I was Rear ended at a stop. this car was crushed, totaled. but i was completely safe, it saved my life. all that i got was a few cuts and bruised. This car did save my life, if i was in any other type of vehicle i would have been killed on spot. I miss this thing. "my Little Monster"

Awesome mini SUV
By Pj on 06/26/10 16:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Me and my mother actually shared this vehicle, and it was everyone's favorite. It was the perfect size, Decent fuel economy with the 4 cylinder, the 4x4 was unbeatable, for a little 4 cylinder we would take it mudding and it would just sail around all those big "Mud" trucks that kept getting stuck. A real gold class SUV

Excellent little car
By alaska on 06/24/10 12:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this for the past 2 1/2 yrs and it has never given me any problems at all. It has been completely reliable transportation. The only thing I have done to it has been regular maintenance and purchased a new battery only because it still had the original one. 4whl drive has been excellent and no need for snow tires and has driven on pure ice roads. More than enough power and still great on gas with the nice v-6 Suzuki engine. Maybe there have been some lemons but overall I can say this has been one of the best cars I have ever owned besides my Toyota truck and Saturn car and I would have to now rank this car along with them as well. Never heard of the tracker till I read a review.

Doors are a Warning!
By Mark Colbert on 03/22/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I love our Tracker. It had a cracked hub when we first bought the vehicle. The dealerships(3) in this area kept putting the car on the computer to find out why it would just stop while driving down the road in gear. We finally took it to someone outside the dealerships, He would not let us drive it for fear the brakes would catch on the crack and flip the vehicle. We argued and finally got paid by Chevy. Now the door handles, the inside are faulty and will not hold up to normal wear and tear. The outside are absolutely no good if you get a little ice on them. They will break off easily. Ours did and at $90.00 we have to wait and save for this. Inside handles dome twice.

Regretful Purchase
By SandraDee on 05/02/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle for 5 years now & cannot wait to get rid of it. There is absolutely no pep to the car very sluggish. If you happen to hit a bump in the road the vehicle actually jumps. The ride is rough and the vehicle will only go into 4wd when the car is at a complete stop which can be very inconvient. Drivers side window has squeeked ear splitting since almost day one. Brought it in to the dealer stopped squeeking for about 6 mths & then came back. Back door on drivers side will not open. Lock will not pull up for nothing. Windows fog up continuously in the winter so defrost has to stay on.

Great Car
By med1 on 12/18/07 21:03 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted something versatile and suited to outdoor adventures, but which would also be practical for city driving -- that is exactly what this car is. I took it offroading in the Northern California wilderness and in Death Valley several times, and the Tracker proved itself to be tough, well-built, and the short wheel base lets it go almost anywhere. Unfortunately, the short wheel base is also the most negative aspect of the car. It was very squirrely on the freeway and I spun out a few times on wet or snowy roads. When I blew out a tire on I5, the car spun out of control and was totaled. The squirrely-ness of the car is my only complaint - no mechanical problems.

Great Small Car
By GAR on 11/01/07 06:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great small car. Easy to drive, easy to park, and very smooth and comfortable for being on a truck frame. It will be sad some day to give this car up as it is the last of the really small affordable SUVs.

Surprising
By dellapina on 02/07/07 13:43 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I figure this would be a weak little starter vehicle, but it turned out to be a comfortable, very spacious, spunky little SUV. Not much luxury but all the necessities, and very, very reliable.

Excellent Little SUV
By BlackKnight on 02/06/07 10:53 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this little SUV. I purchased 2 years ago and have had zero issues accept for daily wear and tear. The 4WD works well although the turning radius leaves something to be desired. I've driven in several snow storms with no issues. Parking is excellent especially in city driving where the Tracker with its higher profile and compact size makes parallel parking a breeze. This is an excellent little work horse for a mother with one or two children and perfect for a college student in a snowy climate. It is dependable, fun to drive, and save to drive due to the higher profile driving on a highway and for it's 4WD capability.