I miss my Chevy Tracker
By climberkev on
2001 Chevrolet Tracker 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I would recommend this mini SUV to anyone with a the need to economize, yet looking for fun reliable transportation. I drove the heck out of this car and over rough terrain even with out the 4x4 feature. Im one of those guys who packs so many essentials in my cars that I could live in them. I recommend the automatic transmission, changing the clutch is such a bother.
Favorite Features
My favorite features on this car the versatility in camping and the amount of cargo storage. I mentioned earlier about easily living out of this car. If it had running water I'd consider it. What I loved, loved about this car was that if you slide the front seats all the way under the glove box or steering wheel and remove the head rests, the front seats recline completely level with the folded back seats. I used to hate the idea of car camping but with my tracker I just inflated my 6' double air mattress and me and my companion felt comfortable and secure. We could roll back the top part way and enjoy the stars. Today each time I shop for a new car I check to see how the seats recline lol.
Suggested Improvements
I wish Chevrolet or Suzuki had made the effort to market other ways to enjoy the Tracker/vitara. Next time Chevy designs a convertible mini SUV, offer a removable hard top. Also bringing it back with better fuel economy would be nice too. I also owned a Suzuki Samauri and that little 4x4 got great gas mileage.