2001 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Review: All around good, smaller SUV

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Review

All around good, smaller SUV
By Rob on

2001 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car survived 2.5 winters in the Albany cold while being driven my a college student. While many friend's cars died due to the cold, my Tracker started anytime. The 4x4 is fun for the mountains, snow and the few times I was able to bring it off-road. The car is roomy for the two people in front, but has little space for the people in the back. I am 6'4" and fit in the car great, but rarely does someone sit behind me. Decent amount of room. I fit a 6 foot long bookcase inside and can handle a queen size bed on the top. I have had to put very little work into this car. Belts twice, alternator, front brakes, and front rotors. Under the hood this car is tight.

4x4, fold down rear seats, ruff rack, oil change is easy, daytime lights, large inside (atleast for me.) Gas mileage is okay (17 city 25 highway with three adults and 50 pound dog) All around good car, best suited for those people who need to deal with snow. Strong front end.

Have the rear door open curbside or up. Everything under the hood is very tight. Nothing really to improve on since you can't make the car bigger, but just a warning for those who like to do their own work. The belts were hard to do. Arm rest in middle of front. Not the greatest in the rain.