Used 2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Friggin LOVE this thing!
By Amy Andrews

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I totaled my Pontiac in January of 2014, and was carless for 8 months. I suddenly got a teaching job an hour away, and bought a complete POS Saturn to get me through til I could get something decent. In January 2015, I got my Tracker - DURING a Wisconsin snowstorm. I just love this thing. Reliable, decent on gas, optional 4WD is terrific (which is why I totaled my Grand Am), lots of room, and great for my 6'1" 16 y/o stepson to get to and from work and school when I don't need it. My stepson drove it for the first time in snow today in 4WD, and he just loved it. It buys me SO much piece of mind at night, knowing I have a good winter car in Wisconsin (I adored and still miss my old Grand Am, but would never buy one again!).

I miss my Chevy Tracker
By climberkev

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this mini SUV to anyone with a the need to economize, yet looking for fun reliable transportation. I drove the heck out of this car and over rough terrain even with out the 4x4 feature. Im one of those guys who packs so many essentials in my cars that I could live in them. I recommend the automatic transmission, changing the clutch is such a bother.

My favorite features on this car the versatility in camping and the amount of cargo storage. I mentioned earlier about easily living out of this car. If it had running water I'd consider it. What I loved, loved about this car was that if you slide the front seats all the way under the glove box or steering wheel and remove the head rests, the front seats recline completely level with the folded back seats. I used to hate the idea of car camping but with my tracker I just inflated my 6' double air mattress and me and my companion felt comfortable and secure. We could roll back the top part way and enjoy the stars. Today each time I shop for a new car I check to see how the seats recline lol.

I wish Chevrolet or Suzuki had made the effort to market other ways to enjoy the Tracker/vitara. Next time Chevy designs a convertible mini SUV, offer a removable hard top. Also bringing it back with better fuel economy would be nice too. I also owned a Suzuki Samauri and that little 4x4 got great gas mileage.

I love it, I love it!
By Tracker

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is the best car I have ever owned! I am single, and if a single person can only have one vehicle, I believe it should be a 4 wheel drive. I can get out in the snow, but stay away from ice. I love the way it looks, perfect for hauling stuff around. I've used it as a moving van three times now. I've never had a problem, other than general maintenance; replaced a headlight bulb, windshield wipers, tires, etc. I've never even had to have the brakes worked on. It's absolutely perfect for me. I use it for everything, work, play, church, driving to the beach. And when I take it up to the mountains, I feel like I'm driving a BMW! I am so thankful! Can't imagine why they stopped making it.

The looks, the size, plenty of room inside. Drives like a dream!

Well, they aren't making anymore; what a shame. Hope mine lasts forever. I would have liked to have a sunroof. The gas mileage could be a little better. Other than that, it's perfect.

My Wife Loves It!
By Tevident

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought our two tone black & Grey Tracker a little under a year now and it has amazed all that ride in it! i purchased way below edmunds private party price with low miles for a 2001 model (60,000) and the look and feel of the vehicle is amazing. My wife always comments on how she feels like its the little-big car! I'm always borrowing the tracker from her to use the cargo space it provides...Foldable rear seats and high roof work for me!

automatic headlights turn on and off with a sensor...

a lever on the front seats to raise the seat. a bit more leg room in the back for passengers....but its the Little- Big SuV...Women love riding in it! I love driving it!!

Catastrophic failure of subframe cross
By Deborah

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this little car except for the exhaust system rusted out easily. I can't expect perfection from a car. But GM had issued special coverage with an extended warrany to 10 years or 150k miles for the catastrophic failure of the subframe crossmember which did fracture on my vehicle at 95k miles. Very dangerous. They have not sent me notification of this problem yet, they say they are notifying owners in waves due to part availability. Not smart.

Better corrosion protection!