2000 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
2000 Tracker
By M.Bennett on 02/07/05 19:38 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Tracker new and have had no problems with it at all; love the 4 cylinder engine.

...A GOOD BUY
By BIG DADDY on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

I BOUGHT THE TRACKER OVER FOUR YEARS AGO AND I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD TO REPLACE A MUFFLER. LOT OF LEG ROOM UP FRONT AND HEAD ROOM GALORE. THE 4CYL. ISN'T QUITE ENOUGH, BUT THEY NOW COME WITH A SIX.IT'S THE EASIEST SUV TO PUT THE SEATS DOWN, PACK UP AND GO. I PLAN ON HANGING ONTO MY TRACKER FOR SEVERAL MORE YEARS.

Unsafe
By AgMan on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is not safe. Rolled it when I hit a slick place in the road. Speed was only 35 MPH. Didn't get hurt, but could have.

If you WANT an expensive SUV then BUY 1
By dudfromhell on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I are both tall and appreciate the fact we both fit nicely into this vehicle. The seats are comfortable and leg room ample. We have taken this car on several long trips, both winter and summer, and found the ride pleasant and comfortable. This is an affordable, comfortable rig. I have two trackers and enjoy both of them.

Almost four years and counting!
By kites0852 on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

Love it. Problems with left front turn signal leads to repeated "burnout bulb" flashing that comes and goes without changing the bulb. Could be switch/socket. Had problems with the plastic fan for the A/C condenser shifting back into the condenser but R.K. Chevrolet did an excellent job of repairing it. They also performed the mod to the cruise control to prevent the shifting into a lower gear when on a road and engaged.

Nice little SUV
By merlin on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

Nice body style, but looks roomier than it is. Front seats have tons of space, and excellent headroom for tall folks, but back seats are cramped for anyone over 5'7" (great for carseats, though). Surprisingly good fuel economy for a 4X4. 4 wheel drive is easy to use, trouble-free. Outstanding in deep snow! Periodic irritating rattle from sides of dashboard - it comes and goes, not sure of the cause. Interior materials are cheap (plastic scratches easily), and the body seems to dent easily - but what do you expect for a car under 15 grand? Absolutely no mechanical problems. Excellent vehicle for the money.

Tracker Review
By DirectorB on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

Well I did put a lot of miles on it and it hasn't given me any major problems. But exterior is falling apart. The top is tearing up at the seams after 3 years and rear bumper has lost all of it screws. The interior was decent except that the window regulator went bad and the A/C fan doesn't blow. If you decide to get one, inspect it very carefully.

Underrated
By tl1000s on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

Solid vehicle. We have 2WD LT 2.0. Have had no problems in 2.5 years other than squeaky belts. Dealer has replaced pulley, Catalytic Converter and dressed the belts. I have my own spray on those humid days. Other than that minor issue - this is a reliable, reasonably well-built, utilitarian vehicle. Handles well but the 2.0 takes some planning on the freeway. I prefer BMWs but this little ladder-framed truck is okay to flip around. Just underpowered. Not an issue on fire roads and worse. Eats it up. Well-designed in that respect. Front seat are a little skimpy. Overall, get one. They are very undervalued on the used market.

Happy with Tracker
By ArcheryInstructor on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

Gas mileage is superior to the Blazer that it replaced and the fuel injected engine is far more reliable than the old carberator. The Overdrive option is excellent and helps with the gas mileage and the ride is comfortable. Only concern is the back door that opens out and to the side so that it makes a difference which side of an object I stop on for loading and unloading or how close I stop.

TRACKER, NOT WHAT I BARGAINED FOR
By Corey565 on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV

I BOUGHT MY TRACKER 2 YEARS, AND I WISH I WOULD HAVE MADE A MORE INFORMED DECISION. I DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT DRIVES. I CALL IT MY SUPED UP GOLF CART. IT SOUNDS REALLY NOISY WHEN TRYING TO ACCELERATE. THE RESALE VALUE IS NILL. I OWE 2500 MORE ON IT THAN WHAT IT IS WORTH. THE COMFORT LEVEL INSIDE IS NON-EXISTENT ALSO. THE SEATS ARE UNCOMFORTABLE, AND YOU CAN REALLY FEEL EVERY BUMP. I STILL HAVE 3 MORE YEARS LEFT ON THE LOAN, I'M COUNTING THE DAYS UNTIL ITS PAID. A LONG AND EXPENSIVE LESSON....RESEARCH YOUR PURCHASE BEFORE YOU BUY. NEXT TIME GETTING AN ALTIMA.