Used 1999 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

You Get What You Pay FOR
By Nate Briner

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

It got good gas mileage when it ran. It had a lot of problems with the body falling apart

it was easy to park

Put a little more money into the body making it a little better and not so cheap

Great Vehicle
By ultrapilot

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

I Have enjoyed this Vehicle to the Max, I Am going down to the Dealer this evening to Pick up My new 2004 Tracker LT. Looking Forward to V6 & Cruise Control

Manueverabilty

Could Be More Plush Inside, But then it Would Cost Much More

Fun while it lasted
By Chris Adams

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

Purchased with 62k miles, looked great. there was a problem with no. 2 spark plug tube oil seal. Easy to fix ourselves. We set this car up for towing behind our motorhome. My wife liked it so much she drove it 7k miles around town. More fun than her El Dorado. Last week it became the center car in a chain reaction. We were fine. We drove it home. The other cars were towed. Car still runs/handles like a dream. That's well built. We're going to fix it as insurance offered us 60% what it would cost to replace it. Real cost far excedes everybodys 'book values'. At least here in California.

Cute. Handles great. 4x4 on the fly, electric hubs. Open the top and back at the beach and have a ball. Sturdy.

2.0 automatic needs a little more power. Top could be a easier to put up and down. I wish it had the head room of the older Tracker. It still has better head room than a Wrangler.

I love this car
By gregdeb

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

If I buy a new car tommorrow it will be another tracker. I love this vehicle. I do a lot of traveling and need a car that can keep up with me. I have put 110K miles on this thing and have had to pay for very few repairs. I find the style very fun; however, there is not much room for back seat passengers. This is definitely not a family vehicle. It is also a gas eating machine.

I love the convertible roof; however it is a pain to take off.

I would like better fuel efficency. Also I wish there was more room in the back for passengers.Perhaps the 4 door would be a better option for families.

Get What You Pay For
By Spoolie

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

We love ours. It is inexpensive to by and maintain. Interior quality is poor but we love the rest. My wife loves to drive it and it is great for city driving as it is small and very manueverable. We have two kids and they love it when we take the top off and go cruising in the summer. It is not a Hwy car as it has a lot of wind noise from the top. It is great in the snow in winter and the sand at the beach in the summer.

Convertable top, 4 wheel drive, Very manueverable, reliable and inexpensive to maintain.

Better Interior Quality and More Power (I would love to own a 6cyl),