1999 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
You Get What You Pay FOR
By Nate Briner on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

It got good gas mileage when it ran. It had a lot of problems with the body falling apart

Great Vehicle
By ultrapilot on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

I Have enjoyed this Vehicle to the Max, I Am going down to the Dealer this evening to Pick up My new 2004 Tracker LT. Looking Forward to V6 & Cruise Control

Fun while it lasted
By Chris Adams on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

Purchased with 62k miles, looked great. there was a problem with no. 2 spark plug tube oil seal. Easy to fix ourselves. We set this car up for towing behind our motorhome. My wife liked it so much she drove it 7k miles around town. More fun than her El Dorado. Last week it became the center car in a chain reaction. We were fine. We drove it home. The other cars were towed. Car still runs/handles like a dream. That's well built. We're going to fix it as insurance offered us 60% what it would cost to replace it. Real cost far excedes everybodys 'book values'. At least here in California.

I love this car
By gregdeb on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV w/Soft Top

If I buy a new car tommorrow it will be another tracker. I love this vehicle. I do a lot of traveling and need a car that can keep up with me. I have put 110K miles on this thing and have had to pay for very few repairs. I find the style very fun; however, there is not much room for back seat passengers. This is definitely not a family vehicle. It is also a gas eating machine.

Get What You Pay For
By Spoolie on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

We love ours. It is inexpensive to by and maintain. Interior quality is poor but we love the rest. My wife loves to drive it and it is great for city driving as it is small and very manueverable. We have two kids and they love it when we take the top off and go cruising in the summer. It is not a Hwy car as it has a lot of wind noise from the top. It is great in the snow in winter and the sand at the beach in the summer.

Love my Tracker
By Angela Houston on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

One month after I bought my first tracker in December of 2002 - I was going thru an intersection and was hit on the side of my car by a guy who had ran the red light. MY car flipped from the impact. Even though I think Trackers are cute vehicles and fun to drive - I do not recommend them for safety. My mom told me when I bought the tracker to be careful because they flip easy. I told her that was the OLD model - the newer models (mine is a "99) are designed better. But I learned VERY quickly that the newer models flip just as easy as the old. Be Safe!

ZR2
By ces on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

Had this SUV 3+ years piling up 30k per yr with no major problems. Only one repair at around 92k miles to replace the steering knuckle.

Somebody's full of Hooey!
By Old Coot on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had this vehicle since new. Has all the bells and whistles. Never have gotten better than 20 mpg. Cruise control usually doesn't upshift after a downshift.. dealer unable to fix after 4 tries. Lots of wind noise. Barely suitable for Interstate highways of 70 mph or greater. Interior finish very poor quality fabrix/plastic. Wife loves it!

Sometimes you get more than you pay for
By RCWest on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

I'm really impressed with the Tracker. You just can't beat a 4x4 with good fuel economy and a low sticker price. Aside from my dealer fouling up a simple mechanical job, it has been a great vehicle mechanically. It is very fun to drive and you can park anywhere in this little thing. I haven't taken it on any serious off-roading adventures, but I couldn't resist racing off into our pasture occasionally. It seems to be just as at home in the dirt as the pavement. Overall, it really is a great little vehicle.

mine
By rick0829 on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV

like really well fun car to drive wish it had more power but i really enjoy the fuel milage and back trunk room would buy another with the v6