1999 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
Not what I expected.
By DKJones96 on 09/15/06 14:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4dr SUV

I bought this car to replace my Toyota Cressida. Big mistake. In 9 months and 12k miles, I've had to replace the alternator that actually left me stranded, blower fan, the radiator's fiberglass end-caps have cracked and started leaking, the tensioner and idler pully were worn very badly, and the car has 75K on it and none of those items are maintenance related. Repair is expensive. The electric fan breaks off the fins on the condenser hurting a/c performance a lot. The body squeaks, and the cheap plastic tabs all need replaced. They either fall off or break when removed. Mileage in 70/30 hwy/city averages 19MPG. Not impressive for a 4 banger, and it's slow.

mine
By rick0829 on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4dr SUV

like really well fun car to drive wish it had more power but i really enjoy the fuel milage and back trunk room would buy another with the v6

What's Not-So-Good About this Car
By Dawnie on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4dr SUV

Had no problems for 3 years, in the 4th year it's almost coming apart. I've had to replace the brakes, the computer, the ignition switch, the cruise-control/windshield wiper lever, and an internal ignition function - all after warranty, except for the computer. I've had to get a front-end alignment twice. I might contribute all the problems with not keeping up with maintenance, but as I rely on my car so much, I'm careful in that area. I am at 60,000 miles now, and my transmission is starting to get sluggish - every so often the car seems to struggle with shifting gears. At this point I'm looking for a new car, because I'm getting tired of all the problems.

Fun lil' mini SUV
By Amanda-Lou on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4dr SUV

I just bought one today and Man! I love it! It's amazing how much head room and rear room is in that little thing. Great stereo sound and wonderful panoramic view of the road. Overall, Great first SUV for young hip drivers! (like myself!)