2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Blind spots and poorly designed console
By everclimber

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned 5 different tahoe/suburbans over the last 30 years. Stay away from the 2015 model. This vehicle has gotten fatter and has new blind spots. You can no longer look left to see cars on the drivers side-you must use your mirrors to see cars near you. The rear wiper stops in your line of vision, before swiping again, instead of returning to its normal starting place. There is no GPS, only ONSTAR. I use my phone GPS, but it rarely connects with the sound system. It turns out, this is a known issue, and will only work properly if you do not have the radio on! The bluetooth rarely connects. I've had the backup camera and console go completely blank numerous times-dangerous!

Favorite Features

Comfortable, quiet ride. Lots of room. Great seats, with multiple driver settings.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the console and make bluetooth compatible and user friendly (meaning, if I punch a button on the console, let it go back to a default setting and not stay on the last thing I touched).

Great Vehicle
By ugaix

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving my 2015 Tahoe LTZ for awhile now and I have to say I think it is a fantastic vehicle. In the past I have driven a 2011 Tahoe LTZ and think the current generation is an upgrade in every since. I agree with other reviewers that the ride with magnetic ride control is different than with the air shocks, but I like the ride not feeling as "floaty." The interior trim and finish is worlds better than it was. I know it is a much more expensive vehicle now but it feels like it too. So far I am extremely please with the car and believe that is probably the way the majority of those who actually own one feel.

Favorite Features

The level of interior upgrade over the previous generation. The style is better and updated, the material are nicer and the fit and finish looks to be improved. The technology is great, I love the adaptive cruise control for those long trips on the highway!

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Best SUV I have ever had
By mohanman

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had Toyota 4Runner, BMW X5 (biggest piece of crap), Lexus GX 460, Cadillac SRX, and Nissan Armada. None of these beat the Tahoe that i recently got. The Tahoe is comfortable, quiet, and smooth. It looks awesome too. Im so happy with it. Highly recommended

Favorite Features

Electronics, comfort, style, quiet

Suggested Improvements

Needs more second row leg room

Super Smooth riding 2015 Tahoe
By joegraham

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Only 1000 miles on the truck so far so I'm still in the honeymoon phase,but I really like this truck. I've owned Honda, Acura and Audi. Next to the Audi this is the smoothest driving and best looking vehicle I've owned. 5.3 has plenty of power to move it. Trans is a little squirrely on downshifts. Sure MPG's could be better,but 16 and 23 on highway is spot on. Recently traded in a 2014 MDX Tech which I hated. Full of hard to use tech. Tahoe however is hi-tech & easy to use.The nav system flat out works. Understands voice commands,typing in address is as easy as it can get. Real-time weather app for road trips. third row is tight, and capt chairs should slide. overall very happy w Tahoe!

Favorite Features

Navigation system with Pandora and customizable interface. Smooth Ride and V8 Grumble.

Suggested Improvements

Bose 10 spkr radio system is in need of improvement. sounds bad for such an expensive vehicle. Had Bose in Audi A6 and it rocked - this one is pretty bad.

By far my favorite vehicle that I've ever owned!!
By briggsy15

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Within the last 8 years, I've driven a Pilot, Expedition, a 2011 Explorer, and now a Tahoe. Without a doubt, my Tahoe has been #1 in my experience, even though I loved my Ford SUVs. After driving it for roughly 11 months and for over 15,000 miles, I've had absolutely no issues with anything at all. I can easily fit two large car seats in the second row (captain chairs) and can comfortably fit another two car seats in the third row whenever we have extra kiddos with us. With the third row folded down, I'm easily able to fit all 3 of my dogs (2 big boxers and a very husky pug)! It handles exceptionally well for its size; gets better mpg than even my '11 Explorer got, and is easy to drive!

Favorite Features

Exterior: I love the new look and I'm definitely glad that we chose to upgrade the tires because it gives the Tahoe a little height. Interior: The new dash and screen are fantastic and the added feature of the sliding screen/hidden compartment is so neat! The huge center console is a major plus, as is the lighting inside of it. I really like that the front lighting is LED, especially on the visors/mirrors. ***Also, I'll add that my Tahoe has been so much fun to drive and handles even better than my previous Explorer did. As a petite woman that's only 5' 2", I can honestly say that the new Tahoe has been a dream to drive with easy acceleration, fast braking, and "hill start".

Suggested Improvements

My only complaints about the 2015 Tahoe are few and have nothing to do with either the engine, safety, or anything else vital. With that said, my biggest (and only real issue) with Chevy is that they did not find it important or valuable to include a navigation system!! I've learned to look beyond this fail, but it's really not acceptable that they failed to include GPS in these $55,000-$65,000+ SUVs.