First Tahoe - Honest thoughts...
By jeffmward on
2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I was a Ford guy growing up. I owned three total fullsize pickups and SUVs over the past 20 years. All three left me on the side of the road. Then I had three different small-midsize European cars (Volvo, Mercedes, Audi). I liked each of them but I was ready to get back into a taller vehicle and I needed something to tow my Jeep & trailer. I bought the Tahoe new in last August. I am completely satisfied with it. I get a combined hwy/city 19-20 MPG on average. Not too bad for such a large vehicle. I was able to get in on a deal with $6k cash back total incentives. My purchase price less TT&L was $32,500. Sure it's an LS but it still has terrific bells and whistles for a base model!
Favorite Features
I'm a fan of the fuel economy considering the weight, horsepower, and competition. The Bluetooth is really handy and I use this all the time. The iPod usb interface in the center console is genius. The darn thing is super comfortable. The interior and exterior quality seem to be very high. Has plenty of giddy-up when you need it and tows very well. Oil changes and tire rotations are $40 or less at the dealership! This is very nice coming from a European import.
Suggested Improvements
The base model stereo speakers sound a little weak. No biggie cause I'm not a teenager any more. It would be nice to have HomeLink (garage door opener) with the base model. Nothing else I can think of... Great vehicle... very happy!