Great Large SUV... Could Use Some Small Tweaks
By jsb_mi on
2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
My wife and I leased a 2011 Tahoe LT 4X4 about two months ago. It replaced a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited (w/ Hemi) my wife had been driving. As our family is expanding, we needed an SUV with more room and the Tahoe fit the bill. Exterior styling is awesome and the powertrain seems very good. We got the 20-inch wheels as part of the Luxury Package and really adds to the styling. The ride on this SUV is excellent and I cannot wait to take it on a long trip. I would suggest a few interior tweaks, including add storage "bins" on the sides of the truck area and a coin holder in the console (it kills me that a $50k SUV does not have a coin holder) and a larger rear-view mirror.
Favorite Features
20-inch wheels, exterior styling, rear-seat and truck space and overall head room. Power-folding side-view mirrors are great for pulling in my two-car garage (which is on the small side).
Suggested Improvements
The Bose stereo standard on the LT is weak... would like a little more bass. Also, there is no rear storage in the trunk area or a coin holder. I would like to see the gauges look a little more "high-end", given the price... my 2009 Malibu has better looking gauges/lighting.