Used 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Fantastic SUV
By llauck

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my best SUV that I have ever owned. I have owned a Suburban and two Explorers. My wife said that it is the most comfortable seat and ride she has been in, much better than the Explorers. It just handles much better. And I enjoy sitting higher too. I do think the internal front door components rattle too much when the music is playing, which I will have fixed. The gas mileage is what it is-16-21 mpg. The extras are nice options.

Favorite Features

Ride, seats, radio options, Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Strenghten internal door components from rattling.

My New 2011 Tahoe
By Todd

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! Fun to drive, best looking Tahoe Chevy has ever made. I "was" a Ford guy, but my new Tahoe makes the Expeditions look ugly. I have more power than I need but..I get the kids to grandma's house in a hurry, without a doubt! I bought a black one and it looks awesome. Highly recommend. Runs like a champ, smooth, quiet, all the extras I need. And I bought an ls model! Simply love it!

Favorite Features

Ipod hook up. Fog lamps. Rear cooling. Lots of space!

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't seem to hold the equalizer setting on the stereo. When I set it to pop. Or classic. Or rock. It always resets. Maybe I need to read the manual further.

Great Large SUV... Could Use Some Small Tweaks
By jsb_mi

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I leased a 2011 Tahoe LT 4X4 about two months ago. It replaced a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited (w/ Hemi) my wife had been driving. As our family is expanding, we needed an SUV with more room and the Tahoe fit the bill. Exterior styling is awesome and the powertrain seems very good. We got the 20-inch wheels as part of the Luxury Package and really adds to the styling. The ride on this SUV is excellent and I cannot wait to take it on a long trip. I would suggest a few interior tweaks, including add storage "bins" on the sides of the truck area and a coin holder in the console (it kills me that a $50k SUV does not have a coin holder) and a larger rear-view mirror.

Favorite Features

20-inch wheels, exterior styling, rear-seat and truck space and overall head room. Power-folding side-view mirrors are great for pulling in my two-car garage (which is on the small side).

Suggested Improvements

The Bose stereo standard on the LT is weak... would like a little more bass. Also, there is no rear storage in the trunk area or a coin holder. I would like to see the gauges look a little more "high-end", given the price... my 2009 Malibu has better looking gauges/lighting.

Like It
By John83

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Got the new Tahoe to replace my problematic Chrysler Aspen in July. So far the truck has done really well, smooth and quiet ride, leather seats are comfortable, not too bad on the off- roading sector either. I use this vehicle a lot for long distance trips and it is one of the most pleasant drives I've ever experienced. Better mileage would be nice, though what can you do with a 6000 pound car boasting an 8 cylinder. Interior is perfect, with minor flaws. 3rd row seat not folding into the floor has been a traditional trait of this vehicle and I don't understand why GM keeps it that way because it is a repetitive nuisance. Exterior looks bold and intimidating. Overall, a way better truck.

Favorite Features

Beautiful and luxurious cabin, comfortable ride, good maneuverability for a full size, sound system is great, decent highway fuel economy, surprisingly stable in off-roading conditions, great dealership service.

Suggested Improvements

Folding 3rd row seat is much more accommodating than constantly removing it, headroom is a bit small for taller drivers, navigation/audio/AC controls should be placed higher so the driver can reach them with ease, mediocre city mileage.

Could not be happier!
By daddybear1

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

After getting rid of my Silverado and downsizing to a Malibu, I realized that I just was not a car driver. So after looking at all of the large SUV's I drove the Tahoe. I knew immediately it was what I always should have had (I wanted one when I bought the Silverado bought talked myself out of it because of incentives). Anyways, I could not be happier with this SUV. The comfort is amazing, have never found the 'right' driving position until know. I feel completely safe taking my family on a road trip. My MPG is actually better than it was on my truck, I am averaging 16 in mostly LA driving. Dealers are wonderful and actually act like they want your business.

Favorite Features

Rearview camera, auto tilt and folding side mirrors, Onstar, 20" wheels, 2nd row captains chairs with power folding option

Suggested Improvements

I gave it 4 stars for performance only because somethimes when you hit uneven road it gets a little jittery. They HAVE to do something with the 3rd row folding seats...