2011 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Great vehicle
By rgomes on 09/10/13 13:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I drove this vehicle for a little less then a year. I bought it with 26k miles and traded it in with 60k. I couldn't have been happier with the truck. It got reasonable gas mileage for its size and was very reliable. I never had a single issue with it. The stock tires were still good when I traded it in and probably had another 10k miles left. I towed a 5k lb boat/trailer with ease. Buy one!!

First Tahoe - Honest thoughts...
By jeffmward on 03/28/12 14:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I was a Ford guy growing up. I owned three total fullsize pickups and SUVs over the past 20 years. All three left me on the side of the road. Then I had three different small-midsize European cars (Volvo, Mercedes, Audi). I liked each of them but I was ready to get back into a taller vehicle and I needed something to tow my Jeep & trailer. I bought the Tahoe new in last August. I am completely satisfied with it. I get a combined hwy/city 19-20 MPG on average. Not too bad for such a large vehicle. I was able to get in on a deal with $6k cash back total incentives. My purchase price less TT&L was $32,500. Sure it's an LS but it still has terrific bells and whistles for a base model!

Best Tahoe ever!
By frankm58 on 02/01/12 15:17 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

After a short test drive we were sold! so we sold our 2005 Tahoe (older body style) for a new one, after owning our older one for 6 years with no problems, we (Wife and myself) decided it was time for a new one since our 2005 was so reliable. We noticed how much quieter and smoother the ride was one the 2011 and noticeable 45 hp increase for better towing. Although the 2011 offers only 3 MPG HWY better we still got our money's worth and filling the empty space in our garage with a small SUV compared to a full size Tahoe with all its features was well worth the sacrifice especially since we drive it locally anyway. In this price range, there is nothing compared to the Tahoe!

Fantastic SUV
By llauck on 12/15/11 14:37 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my best SUV that I have ever owned. I have owned a Suburban and two Explorers. My wife said that it is the most comfortable seat and ride she has been in, much better than the Explorers. It just handles much better. And I enjoy sitting higher too. I do think the internal front door components rattle too much when the music is playing, which I will have fixed. The gas mileage is what it is-16-21 mpg. The extras are nice options.

Could not be happier!
By daddybear1 on 09/02/11 16:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

After getting rid of my Silverado and downsizing to a Malibu, I realized that I just was not a car driver. So after looking at all of the large SUV's I drove the Tahoe. I knew immediately it was what I always should have had (I wanted one when I bought the Silverado bought talked myself out of it because of incentives). Anyways, I could not be happier with this SUV. The comfort is amazing, have never found the 'right' driving position until know. I feel completely safe taking my family on a road trip. My MPG is actually better than it was on my truck, I am averaging 16 in mostly LA driving. Dealers are wonderful and actually act like they want your business.

2nd Tahoe
By jsnoopy31t on 03/11/11 13:07 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Tahoe a 2010 model LT. I also owned a 2007 Tahoe LT. I really like both of them. The only reason I traded the 07 is because I wanted a White one and it was grey. My new one is white. I like all the features of my 2010 model and I get very good MPG from it. 19.3 MPG city and highway combined and 23-25 on the highway. However bear in mind I am a vanishing breed in that I drive the POSTED SPEED LIMIT. To those who complain about poor gas mileage I say SLOW DOWN something most people can't accomplish. You certainly don't get good MPG when you travel 70,80,90 MPH. I owned an 05 Toyota Sequoia and it was a piece of junk. Traded it on my 07 Tahoe and never looked back.

Great Large SUV... Could Use Some Small Tweaks
By jsb_mi on 02/18/11 10:52 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I leased a 2011 Tahoe LT 4X4 about two months ago. It replaced a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited (w/ Hemi) my wife had been driving. As our family is expanding, we needed an SUV with more room and the Tahoe fit the bill. Exterior styling is awesome and the powertrain seems very good. We got the 20-inch wheels as part of the Luxury Package and really adds to the styling. The ride on this SUV is excellent and I cannot wait to take it on a long trip. I would suggest a few interior tweaks, including add storage "bins" on the sides of the truck area and a coin holder in the console (it kills me that a $50k SUV does not have a coin holder) and a larger rear-view mirror.

My New 2011 Tahoe
By Todd on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! Fun to drive, best looking Tahoe Chevy has ever made. I "was" a Ford guy, but my new Tahoe makes the Expeditions look ugly. I have more power than I need but..I get the kids to grandma's house in a hurry, without a doubt! I bought a black one and it looks awesome. Highly recommend. Runs like a champ, smooth, quiet, all the extras I need. And I bought an ls model! Simply love it!

Like It
By John83 on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Got the new Tahoe to replace my problematic Chrysler Aspen in July. So far the truck has done really well, smooth and quiet ride, leather seats are comfortable, not too bad on the off- roading sector either. I use this vehicle a lot for long distance trips and it is one of the most pleasant drives I've ever experienced. Better mileage would be nice, though what can you do with a 6000 pound car boasting an 8 cylinder. Interior is perfect, with minor flaws. 3rd row seat not folding into the floor has been a traditional trait of this vehicle and I don't understand why GM keeps it that way because it is a repetitive nuisance. Exterior looks bold and intimidating. Overall, a way better truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe in WA is:

$153 per month*