Used 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Quiet and Comfortable
By Tim

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We had to move from a Mustang to something to fit 3 kids. I'm very happy with this vehicle. The gas mileage is the same as my 05 mustang and averages out to be about 1-2 mpg more. I do wish it was a bit higher and the plastic under the front fender wasn't there but I'm sure it is for aerodynamics. It does seem like every time I pull away from a stop a $5 bill leaves my wallet but once you get going its good. One nice this is the transmission, it switches from v4 to v8 depending on demand. It has been a good vehicle so far.

Roomy

Gas mileage, 3rd row doesn't fold into the floor, more standard options.

Love my Tahoe
By Parveen

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Owned an 06 v6 sport 4runner. What junk! Owned a Honda pilot. Could count every piece of plastic from its noise due to road bumps. First time bought a domestic brand. And I am very happy with it. Have driven about 6 times between Chicago and Virginia with in 6 months and (call me crazy) but nothing comes close to it in terms of comfort. 20" wheels and smooth suspension hardly let me feel any bump. I have 8500 miles in 5 months. I enjoy driving it so much. Smooth engine and very less road noise. Has awesome features. Gives me advertised mileage which Toyota and Honda always fell short of doing.

Buying and service experience. Remote start. Front hip space. Plenty legroom. Back up camera and sensor. Engine sound. Second and third row seating space. Handling. Smooth ride. Wood trim. Usb. Tri-zone climate control. Onstar.

Third row seat does not merge into the floor which reduces the luggage space. Standard mud flaps would have been great idea.

Hard Seats
By Martine

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love everything about the Tahoe, except the seats. I am really disappointed with the quality. The seats are flat and hard. I regret our purchase. I don't know how I overlooked this in the "15 minute" test drive. We downsized from a suburban to a Tahoe. I really thought the lack of cargo space would be the problem, but have adjusted. We have plenty of room with third row seats folded up. Still have the option of removing them for even more space. We bought our Tahoe one day and left the next morning for a 12 hour road trip. Arrived at our destination with back and leg pain. This was a yearly road trip we've taken for last 20 yrs. Sadly, it was the most uncomfortable trip ever.

Smooth, quiet ride. Easy handling. Electronics and fuel economy are wonderful. Salesman was great. Wish we had spent more time test driving.

cushioned seats - front, second and third row.

Very disappointed
By Anna Cozzone

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The driving would be great if it did not stall in the middle of driving down the highway or road! They do not want to admit there is a BIG problem. There are other people with this issue!

Most comfortable SUV I had driven! It is the most dangerous!

Fix the problem!Before someone gets seriously hurt!

Great New Tahoe Z71
By Mike

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We live on NH seacoast and hope to appreciate 4wd, high ground clearance, and remote start for our winters and even some fun for a little light off road. From purchase to the first few weeks of ownership the experience has been great. Power, quality, comfort and room we wanted. Smooth ride and crisp handling. Quiet cabin environment and nice Bose sound. Full option set to compete with any player in the class.Interior and exterior fit and finish is outstanding. Plenty of room for groceries, our bikes and trips to Home Depot and comfort for friends and family touring. Has cruising range and long term comfort for longer trips and V8 highway power when needed.

Z71 option brings great shock, tire & 18" wheel combo. Tires well rated for snow, all weather performance & ride which is a hard to find situation these days as many OEM offerings do not provide a well rated tire. Z71 trim with black paint color, black leather,& brushed alum dash trim a unique pkg.

Nothing really, I am a "car guy" and this vehicle and options fit my needs and exceeds my expectations. A very nice Chevrolet product coupled with a good dealer experience, extremely competitive trade, price, and multiple factory incentives for an overall real value. Wife really likes it too.