Used 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Saved my Dad's life
By pb4128

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am the car guy in the family. I have always been a fan of Chevy trucks, and I talked my Dad into buying his 2010 Tahoe in August of 2010. He planned on keeping it until the wheels fell off; little did we know that it would meet an early death, but it truly saved his life. Last year, just before Christmas, another driver lost control of their vehicle and came flying across multiple lanes of traffic on the highway and t-boned the driver's side of my Dad's Tahoe while he was driving 60 mph. I lowered the suspension 3 inches when he bought it, so that probably contributed to it not flipping. Every airbag deployed, yet the damage was just moderate. No other vehicle could have performed as well.

Favorite Features

Safety. We didn't realize that it would be put to the test. Powertrain. Brakes. My Dad went right out and bought another Tahoe.

Suggested Improvements

As others have said, the third row seat is a pain to remove.

2010 Tahoe
By sctrooper

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Tahoe is America's SUV, and I know why. It is an exceptional vehicle with a ride quality that the competition cannot come close to. I traded my 2011 Pathfinder in on the Tahoe, and I highly recommend the Tahoe over the Pathfinder. I use it to tow my ATV, load stuff up from Lowe's & IKEA, and haul some friends around. The Bose sounds great, the lighting is pleasant, the leather is comfortable, and the interior and exterior styling are superb. The comfort and handling are great for an SUV of its size. The engine is quiet at all speeds and has sufficient power for anything you need it to do. My only complaint is the inability to lay the 3rd row seating completely flat.

Favorite Features

-The ride -Bose stereo -Comfortable seating -Dual-Climate control with rear controls (tri-zone) -Aggressive look

Suggested Improvements

Improving gas mileage would always be a plus, but that is with any vehicle. The ability to fold the 3rd row seating completely flat. It would also be nice if the 2nd row folded flat as well. My Pathfinder had the ability to fold 2nd and 3rd row completely flat which was very convenient. The price is a little on the high side. Other manufacturers offer well-equipped full-size SUV's, which are comparable to the LT trim, for $3,000 or so less. Chevrolet probably keeps the price a little high because they know people will still buy them.