Used 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Saved my Dad's life
By pb4128

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am the car guy in the family. I have always been a fan of Chevy trucks, and I talked my Dad into buying his 2010 Tahoe in August of 2010. He planned on keeping it until the wheels fell off; little did we know that it would meet an early death, but it truly saved his life. Last year, just before Christmas, another driver lost control of their vehicle and came flying across multiple lanes of traffic on the highway and t-boned the driver's side of my Dad's Tahoe while he was driving 60 mph. I lowered the suspension 3 inches when he bought it, so that probably contributed to it not flipping. Every airbag deployed, yet the damage was just moderate. No other vehicle could have performed as well.

Favorite Features

Safety. We didn't realize that it would be put to the test. Powertrain. Brakes. My Dad went right out and bought another Tahoe.

Suggested Improvements

As others have said, the third row seat is a pain to remove.

My 2010 Lemon
By angela30

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My new 2010 Tahoe begin breaking down at 3500 miles. At 3500 the oil pressure guage was replaced and within 24 hrs it broke down again. When I took it in it had 100 malfunction codes now denied by Alexandria Chevy. I have returned the vehicle numerous times to the same dealership who claim each and every time there is nothing wrong. The vehicle's dash has gone out, the doors lock by themselves, the radio changes stations by itself, the oil and tach gauge bob and swing. Now the brakes squeak. The car has 9000 miles on it and it's been an absolute nightmare dealing with these problems.

2010 Tahoe
By sctrooper

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Tahoe is America's SUV, and I know why. It is an exceptional vehicle with a ride quality that the competition cannot come close to. I traded my 2011 Pathfinder in on the Tahoe, and I highly recommend the Tahoe over the Pathfinder. I use it to tow my ATV, load stuff up from Lowe's & IKEA, and haul some friends around. The Bose sounds great, the lighting is pleasant, the leather is comfortable, and the interior and exterior styling are superb. The comfort and handling are great for an SUV of its size. The engine is quiet at all speeds and has sufficient power for anything you need it to do. My only complaint is the inability to lay the 3rd row seating completely flat.

Favorite Features

-The ride -Bose stereo -Comfortable seating -Dual-Climate control with rear controls (tri-zone) -Aggressive look

Suggested Improvements

Improving gas mileage would always be a plus, but that is with any vehicle. The ability to fold the 3rd row seating completely flat. It would also be nice if the 2nd row folded flat as well. My Pathfinder had the ability to fold 2nd and 3rd row completely flat which was very convenient. The price is a little on the high side. Other manufacturers offer well-equipped full-size SUV's, which are comparable to the LT trim, for $3,000 or so less. Chevrolet probably keeps the price a little high because they know people will still buy them.

Outstanding Vehicle
By snoopy

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Taloe. My first was an 07 Tahoe which I traded on an 08 Silverado. Now I traded the Silverado on this 2010 Tahoe and I love it. Before the 07 Tahoe I had an 05 Toyota Sequoia which was junk. I will never again buy a Toyota as their reliability is BS in my book. Had my 07 Tahoe been Summit White I would never have traded it but the Silverado I traded it on ws white. Now my new 2010 Tahoe is Summit White with the Beige interior and it will be a keeper. The reason I prefer white is when sitting in the hot sun the a white car remains cooler than a dark car. Anyway I love everything about this Tahoe and especially the power folding outside mirrors.

Favorite Features

Backup camera, Power folding outside mirrors, XM radio, power lift gate,good fuel mileage for a big vehicle(I am averaging 19.6 mpg combined city and highway),comfortable seats,quiet comfortable ride, backup warning alert,roomy interior,driver info center, too many others to mention.

Suggested Improvements

NONE. My advice, to those who are complaining about poor gas mileage, is to SLOW DOWN to the posted speed limit and you will get better mileage. I am considered a "Vanishing Breed" because I drive the posted speed Limit.When you travel at 70,80,90 MPH you'll get poor mileage. TWO WORDS "SLOW DOWN"!!

Love and hate
By danmar

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LTZ 4WD. My '07 has some interior flaws (e.g peeling, rattles, loose fits)that has been addressed in the 2010 model. Powertrain is ample and satisfying and reliable as always. Ride is smooth and quite that seems to feel too soft and disconnected to the road at times, then again this is not a sports car. I'm not sure what to think about the third row seat-I like it because it can be removed (it's heavy) and give you more cargo space and maybe save a little on gas for not hauling those extra weight if you don't need them-but they are heavy and awkward-fold flat is much nicer to look at.

Favorite Features

memory seats/window/pedals. reverse tilt mirrors. onstar handsfree calling. usb, bluetooth. I guess all the electronic gadgets

Suggested Improvements

Grids on the back-up camera. Mudflaps should be standard. key/fobs is outdated - make them all one piece (switch blade style)