2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
My 2010 Lemon
By angela30 on 01/21/12 05:45 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My new 2010 Tahoe begin breaking down at 3500 miles. At 3500 the oil pressure guage was replaced and within 24 hrs it broke down again. When I took it in it had 100 malfunction codes now denied by Alexandria Chevy. I have returned the vehicle numerous times to the same dealership who claim each and every time there is nothing wrong. The vehicle's dash has gone out, the doors lock by themselves, the radio changes stations by itself, the oil and tach gauge bob and swing. Now the brakes squeak. The car has 9000 miles on it and it's been an absolute nightmare dealing with these problems.

2010 Tahoe
By sctrooper on 01/30/11 17:43 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Tahoe is America's SUV, and I know why. It is an exceptional vehicle with a ride quality that the competition cannot come close to. I traded my 2011 Pathfinder in on the Tahoe, and I highly recommend the Tahoe over the Pathfinder. I use it to tow my ATV, load stuff up from Lowe's & IKEA, and haul some friends around. The Bose sounds great, the lighting is pleasant, the leather is comfortable, and the interior and exterior styling are superb. The comfort and handling are great for an SUV of its size. The engine is quiet at all speeds and has sufficient power for anything you need it to do. My only complaint is the inability to lay the 3rd row seating completely flat.

Outstanding Vehicle
By snoopy on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Taloe. My first was an 07 Tahoe which I traded on an 08 Silverado. Now I traded the Silverado on this 2010 Tahoe and I love it. Before the 07 Tahoe I had an 05 Toyota Sequoia which was junk. I will never again buy a Toyota as their reliability is BS in my book. Had my 07 Tahoe been Summit White I would never have traded it but the Silverado I traded it on ws white. Now my new 2010 Tahoe is Summit White with the Beige interior and it will be a keeper. The reason I prefer white is when sitting in the hot sun the a white car remains cooler than a dark car. Anyway I love everything about this Tahoe and especially the power folding outside mirrors.

Love and hate
By danmar on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LTZ 4WD. My '07 has some interior flaws (e.g peeling, rattles, loose fits)that has been addressed in the 2010 model. Powertrain is ample and satisfying and reliable as always. Ride is smooth and quite that seems to feel too soft and disconnected to the road at times, then again this is not a sports car. I'm not sure what to think about the third row seat-I like it because it can be removed (it's heavy) and give you more cargo space and maybe save a little on gas for not hauling those extra weight if you don't need them-but they are heavy and awkward-fold flat is much nicer to look at.

Quiet and Comfortable
By Tim on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We had to move from a Mustang to something to fit 3 kids. I'm very happy with this vehicle. The gas mileage is the same as my 05 mustang and averages out to be about 1-2 mpg more. I do wish it was a bit higher and the plastic under the front fender wasn't there but I'm sure it is for aerodynamics. It does seem like every time I pull away from a stop a $5 bill leaves my wallet but once you get going its good. One nice this is the transmission, it switches from v4 to v8 depending on demand. It has been a good vehicle so far.

Love my Tahoe
By Parveen on 08/19/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Owned an 06 v6 sport 4runner. What junk! Owned a Honda pilot. Could count every piece of plastic from its noise due to road bumps. First time bought a domestic brand. And I am very happy with it. Have driven about 6 times between Chicago and Virginia with in 6 months and (call me crazy) but nothing comes close to it in terms of comfort. 20" wheels and smooth suspension hardly let me feel any bump. I have 8500 miles in 5 months. I enjoy driving it so much. Smooth engine and very less road noise. Has awesome features. Gives me advertised mileage which Toyota and Honda always fell short of doing.

Hard Seats
By Martine on 08/14/10 20:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love everything about the Tahoe, except the seats. I am really disappointed with the quality. The seats are flat and hard. I regret our purchase. I don't know how I overlooked this in the "15 minute" test drive. We downsized from a suburban to a Tahoe. I really thought the lack of cargo space would be the problem, but have adjusted. We have plenty of room with third row seats folded up. Still have the option of removing them for even more space. We bought our Tahoe one day and left the next morning for a 12 hour road trip. Arrived at our destination with back and leg pain. This was a yearly road trip we've taken for last 20 yrs. Sadly, it was the most uncomfortable trip ever.

Very disappointed
By Anna Cozzone on 08/05/10 06:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The driving would be great if it did not stall in the middle of driving down the highway or road! They do not want to admit there is a BIG problem. There are other people with this issue!

Great New Tahoe Z71
By Mike on 07/08/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We live on NH seacoast and hope to appreciate 4wd, high ground clearance, and remote start for our winters and even some fun for a little light off road. From purchase to the first few weeks of ownership the experience has been great. Power, quality, comfort and room we wanted. Smooth ride and crisp handling. Quiet cabin environment and nice Bose sound. Full option set to compete with any player in the class.Interior and exterior fit and finish is outstanding. Plenty of room for groceries, our bikes and trips to Home Depot and comfort for friends and family touring. Has cruising range and long term comfort for longer trips and V8 highway power when needed.

Best Ever 2010 Tahoe ls
By Twright on 06/02/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Good suspension, Good Appearance, Very smooth ride, 5.3 liter a plus of many, Good lights at night, Interior GREAT, For 3 kids it is Great, Seats 9, It is the most room for the price, short of a suburban. For a good experience get a Tahoe, the best made

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Suv in NJ is:

$221 per month*