2009 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Still the Best Fullsize On the Road
By Jerhico31189 on 12/03/09 11:32 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It drives me nuts to see you guys messing with the ratings on a good SUV because of something like fuel economy. You don't like getting 15 MPG,THEN DRIVE A CIVIC!!! It does everything a big SUV is made to do. Great in the winter and rain, tows anything and its got great cargo room. Totally satisfied!

LTZ 6.2
By 6.2 LTZ on 10/30/09 10:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The 6.2 is so rare it wasn't even a selection in the drop down menu! This is actually my second LTZ, the first being a 2007 2WD with the 5.3. The 6.2 4X4 has loads of power but unfortunately is averaging just 13.8 MPG to the 16 MPG of the 2WD 5.3 with only a 4 speed trans (No 8/4 mode on the 6.2). By far, the best truck GM has ever produced. Not quite the ride of the Escalade (no magnetic ride control in the Tahoe), but the Caddy didn't have low range (AWD only), and really, 12K more for a slightly bigger nav screen and 6 disc changer VS single disc? A no brainer. Build quality is very good, at least equal to Ford or Chrysler.

Disappointment
By Bruce on 10/19/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT1 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Our purchase of a new Chevy Yukon has been a major disappointment to me. My wife enjoys the size and ride but we have owned Suburbans for the past 20 years. The fuel mileage has been the biggest disappointment with mileage no better than 14mpg whether highway or in town. Our old Suburban got 17 - 18 on the road. Performance is also not what was expected. The engine has died in the middle of a turn and there seems to be a small miss when slowing for a turn and then accelerating. Unexpectedly thee is NO storage under the seats or anywhere. All in all, for the money, I think a Lexus, BMW, or MB may have been a better idea.

Tahoe LTZ 6.2L
By Oblidoblido on 05/25/09 20:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2005 Suburban 3/4 ton 6.0L 4WD for a 2009 Tahoe LTZ 6.2L 4WD fully loaded, black with black leather. Wow! What a difference in the ride. This Tahoe is very smooth, especially with the 6-speed. I have owned a 2002 Tahoe Z71 and the 2009 LTZ is almost like driving a different truck. The 6.2L has fantastic performance. My gas mileage around town is 13-14 mpg and on the highway about 17-18 mpg; however, my driving style does not place much priority on gas mileage.

3rd Tahoe
By Ed on 05/11/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This 3rd Tahoe for us and is the nicest family car we have ever owned. Comfortable, quiet, and 19 to 20 miles per gallon using cruise control and driving in a sane manner. The fuel management system really helps with the gas. Runs on Regular. Easy to use controls. Memory seats. Dual zone heating and cooling. Both I and my wife are comfortable.

Big Improvement Over Old Tahoe
By Ed May on 05/06/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I recently traded in a 1999 Chevy Tahoe LT for a new 2009 LTZ model. The much reduced pricing and 0% interest made this an easy decision. I am very happy with the new model and the significant improvement in ride quality and technical advances over the previous model I owned. The miles per gallon has improved by about 15% over the old model, 16 mpg is achieved now with a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. The bluetooth cell option automatically turns down the radio and ventilation noises to permit an easy conversation. It is easy to store telephone numbers and make cell calls over bluetooth.

Hate to get rid of the Astro
By hauler on 04/29/09 20:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT2 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Time to get a new vehicle for towing. After looking for a long time GM Tahoe/Yukon was only vehicle that could satisfy my fully loaded Astro replacement. PIck Tahoe for better looks. Nice smooth ride, but feel the jolts over potholes. Maybe because of 20inch wheels. Avg 20 mpg from NY to Va. Tranny and rear end was thumping when starting to descend on downhill and letting go of gas. Dealer reprogram tranny module. Seems to fix problem. Door molding began slight peeling. Dealer replace - like new. Otherwise really enjoy ride. I like my Garmin GPS better than GM GPS. Will use to tow boat on regular basis from NY to FL. Overall, good SUV for people who need towing. Gets same mpg as my Astro.

I am again a believer
By What an SUV! on 04/28/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT1 XFE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We started looking for an SUV and wasn't sure what direction to go. My father in-law has a Yukon SLT and loves it. I have always been anti American when it comes to vehicles, I always stuck with Japanese. We also own a 07 Honda Pilot EX-L(w/nav) and absolutely love it, however my wife wanted something more roomy. So our search began. We looked at Toyota Sequoia....way too pricey, even the base SR5. Then we looked at Nissan Armada's, not bad but poor fuel economy, and drive too much like a truck. Then we drove an Expedition(Eddie Bauer), I was not impressed with the fit and finish and the steering was way too touchy. Then we drove our first Tahoe..I was impressed. Two days later we bought one

Big Upgrade
By AJK on 04/21/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT2 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought Tahoe Z71 after driving '02 JGCL. Feels rock solid and very easy to drive, even with Z71 suspension. Relative had '04 Denali, and this handles effortlessly in comparison. Power is very good. Roomy interior (had a 3 hour drive with 5 adults and 2 kids in car seats). 2nd and 3rd row seats are surprisingly easy to handle.

Happy Buyer
By brian on 04/04/09 14:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT1 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my new 2009 Tahoe for me and my fiance and we just love it. So far it is the best vehicle I have ever purchased. This purchase made me a believer in GM! When I get ready to trade my Nissan truck, I will definitely be looking at another GM product!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe in VA is:

$124 per month*