Used 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT1 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Outstanding value
By lrg51

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT1 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My 3rd Tahoe (owned '02 Z71 and 05 Z71). They just keep getting better.

Favorite Features

Comfort, drivability, towing power, great looking vehicle (I love black Tahoes).

Suggested Improvements

Better quality leather. Gave up on leather after 2 previous tahoes with leather interior and wear issues. Very pleased with cloth...

Disappointment
By Bruce

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT1 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Our purchase of a new Chevy Yukon has been a major disappointment to me. My wife enjoys the size and ride but we have owned Suburbans for the past 20 years. The fuel mileage has been the biggest disappointment with mileage no better than 14mpg whether highway or in town. Our old Suburban got 17 - 18 on the road. Performance is also not what was expected. The engine has died in the middle of a turn and there seems to be a small miss when slowing for a turn and then accelerating. Unexpectedly thee is NO storage under the seats or anywhere. All in all, for the money, I think a Lexus, BMW, or MB may have been a better idea.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the 8-4 engine.

Happy Buyer
By brian

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT1 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my new 2009 Tahoe for me and my fiance and we just love it. So far it is the best vehicle I have ever purchased. This purchase made me a believer in GM! When I get ready to trade my Nissan truck, I will definitely be looking at another GM product!

Favorite Features

Dual climate control is a must for me and my fiance! if I'm hot she is cold. If she is hot I'm cold. lol. Oh and the bluetooth is also very nice!

Suggested Improvements

Knock off a thousand or two dollars off the sticker price. Just a little pricey!

poor seal and wilding
By skymap

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT1 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Tahoe LT 2009 (white) Jan 24th 2009. I like space and the top view because of the SUV design. The door rubber seals need to improve, if you open the driver door you can see poor wilding Pocket left and right Pumpers (front _ down) which can store dirty wet material, need to add protection screen for the tires to protect the SUV both sides from (splash)

Favorite Features

space and design

Suggested Improvements

rubber seal and wilding