2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Excellent Choice
By famcircus on 07/29/13 06:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Recently traded our 05 Toyota Sequoia in for the 09 Chevy Tahoe; very, very happy we made the change. Can't say anything bad about our previous vehicle, but the 09 Tahoe and it's ride quality, power, and options are extremely solid. My wife (and I) loves everything about her Tahoe and mentions she feels safe and comfortable while driving herself and 3 kids. Chevy did and outstanding job putting this vehicle together.

Multiple Leakages
By sjeans on 01/09/13 17:54 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT2 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT in August of 2009. Between December 2009 January 2013 besides having the left dash panel replaced, broken & peeling door handles replaced, a trans filler tube replaced that had broke, I'v had multiple leakages in this vehicle. The molding around the sunroof was rippled letting water in. The over head console has flooded twice, it leaked in the cargo area once, and as of Jan 2013 the front passenger side floorboard is saturated with water as I write this review. Beautiful vehicle, but poor quality for the money. I will never buy another Chevrolet again, disgusted with the quality of the vehicle and disgusted with Southern Chevrolet and their svc dept.

Love this truck!
By tahoemama on 02/20/12 18:02 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT1 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, and tows like a dream. Its great!

The best car in the world
By chevylover229 on 12/19/11 15:00 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT2 XFE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car, it's perfect everyone should own a Chevy. We got this 09 Tahoe last year and we love it so much it works like a truck so we treat it like one we also own a 04 Tahoe and it's just as nice, we even owned a 96 Tahoe... Just as nice.All Tahoe/suburban are just the perfect thing for everyone unless you want something huge or awesome.

First Tahoe
By gb44 on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT2 XFE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent build quality, nice ride, plenty of towing power for our travel trailer. Even my wife feels comfortable driving it, and usually she shies away from large vehicles, she does not feel intimidate in this vehicle. I have owned several Silverados so this is familiar, but a lot easier to whip into parking places.

Great Vehicle - Chevy Believer
By Awesome SUV on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first true SUV and so far it's exceeded my expectations. I can honestly say after 20K miles of in town and highway driving, I would buy another Tahoe. Excellent driving experience and the gas mileage has been about as expected, actually slightly better. But I have to say I'm not a heavy on the gas either.

Not like they used to be
By lou on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Tahoe. The 2009 has been taken back to the dealership 4 times in one year. 4 wheel drive failed 3 times and airbag system needed to be fixed. Cheaper materials than older models.

Outstanding value
By lrg51 on 07/23/10 18:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT1 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My 3rd Tahoe (owned '02 Z71 and 05 Z71). They just keep getting better.

Happy But---
By SteveF on 01/18/10 17:08 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Overall a wonderful full size SUV that rides well, fits everything, and looks great. Don't gripe about the mpg - it's what you expect with a 6,000 lb vehicle. I take it on trips more often than my 7 series BMW since it's a great vehicle for travel. Only problems during past 12 months have been with driver's door squeak (still unresolved) and the battery or alternator whereby the vehicle is dead after 2-3 days of non-use. Apparently this problem is known to GM. Tomorrow is 2nd trip to dealer for this problem. Assuming problem is resolved, I highly recommend this SUV.

Great Purchase...Very Satisfied
By SteveI on 12/07/09 09:54 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT2 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Previous owner of a Toyota and BMW.. I am glad to back in an American vehicle..boy they have improved. The Tahoe, excellent Grand SUV, from inside to outside, I appreciate the quality and workmanship. Great electronics to keep you updated on the vehicle performance. The only ding..the MPG..14- 17..but using regular fuel is helpful in that respect.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.