Used 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Excellent Choice
By famcircus

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Recently traded our 05 Toyota Sequoia in for the 09 Chevy Tahoe; very, very happy we made the change. Can't say anything bad about our previous vehicle, but the 09 Tahoe and it's ride quality, power, and options are extremely solid. My wife (and I) loves everything about her Tahoe and mentions she feels safe and comfortable while driving herself and 3 kids. Chevy did and outstanding job putting this vehicle together.

Favorite Features

Back up Camera, Hands Free Bluetooth, Navigation, Lane departure warning signals.

Multiple Leakages
By sjeans

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT2 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT in August of 2009. Between December 2009 January 2013 besides having the left dash panel replaced, broken & peeling door handles replaced, a trans filler tube replaced that had broke, I'v had multiple leakages in this vehicle. The molding around the sunroof was rippled letting water in. The over head console has flooded twice, it leaked in the cargo area once, and as of Jan 2013 the front passenger side floorboard is saturated with water as I write this review. Beautiful vehicle, but poor quality for the money. I will never buy another Chevrolet again, disgusted with the quality of the vehicle and disgusted with Southern Chevrolet and their svc dept.

Love this truck!
By tahoemama

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT1 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, and tows like a dream. Its great!

Suggested Improvements

Make the third and second row seats fold down FLAT!

The best car in the world
By chevylover229

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT2 XFE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car, it's perfect everyone should own a Chevy. We got this 09 Tahoe last year and we love it so much it works like a truck so we treat it like one we also own a 04 Tahoe and it's just as nice, we even owned a 96 Tahoe... Just as nice.All Tahoe/suburban are just the perfect thing for everyone unless you want something huge or awesome.

First Tahoe
By gb44

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT2 XFE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent build quality, nice ride, plenty of towing power for our travel trailer. Even my wife feels comfortable driving it, and usually she shies away from large vehicles, she does not feel intimidate in this vehicle. I have owned several Silverados so this is familiar, but a lot easier to whip into parking places.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior, towing power.

Suggested Improvements

They should include the integrated brake controller in the towing package. Removing the rear seats is a pain, they are very heavy and have to be stored.