Great Truck - Amazing tow quality
By Eric on
2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Very good truck and first American full size SUV I've owned. I never bought before dude to styling of interior - the 2008 styling is really nice and ALMOST up to European standards but still a little ways to go. The towing capability with the air adjusted ride is amazing - the truck literally will adjust itself based on the amount of weight added. Gas mileage is "OK" but what I'd expect in a large V8. not sure the "switching to a V4" feature makes any difference. The review states it's a chore to take out the rear seats - I think anyone in general good health will not have issues removing the rear seats - I've never found it a bother. how often do you need to take them out, really?
Favorite Features
Interior design - NAV - stereo is great. Wood accent is good although I'm not sure it's really wood. 20 inch tires are great and really make for an amazingly smooth ride. My wife has a very nice luxury SUV and I would rather take my Tahoe on trips due to the ride and overall comfort it provides.
Suggested Improvements
provide more options in terms of rim selection. Most luxury vehicles allow for 2-3 choices - if you want to get into that range then you need to allow for more choices. Make the wood trim look more real - if it isn't. it looks plastic.