Fun Ride
By hammer760 on
2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I've had my LTZ now for about 2 months and am pretty happy with it. Had an '03 Sequoia and was about to pull the trigger on an '08 but decided to test drive the Tahoe...thank God I did. Better looking, more features, and a better price than the Toyota. Only thing the Seqouia had which I wish the Tahoe has is fold flat 3rd row seating and a little more rear storage room. I've towed our boat and the automatic rear leveling suspension (which I guess is only available on the LTZ) works great. I wish I would have bought this a few months earlier to try the 4x4 out. By the way the guy who wrote that he's getting 18.3 mpg 70% city is a liar. I'm getting 14-15 mpg in 50/50 city/hwy driving.
Favorite Features
Overall exterior appearance is beautiful! 20" wheels (although they are a rip-off at an option price of $1500), Nav, DVD player, XM, power rear lift gate, comfy seats, overall power but GM needs to ditch the old 4 speed and go with a more modern 5 or 6 speed.
Suggested Improvements
Terrible front storage room with no dividers inside the middle arm rest. Where do I put my change? Ipod jack should be placed at the bottom of the center console. No bluetooth is a joke. Verizon wants $15 for 100 minutes. Backseat windows only roll half way down. Plastic woodgrain looks cheap.