Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

30K Miles & Little Glitches
By Norcal221

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had my Tahoe almost 2 years and the only problem is spontaneous oil leak that the dealer has not figured out yet. Interior cloth seats are beginning to shed as well as the carpet. The vinyl and plastic pieces grab and hold dirt, fingerprints and grime. Extremely hard to clean and gets dirty after only a few weeks. Cold mornings allow for the squeaky fan or alternator bearing but goes away after 10 minutes. 20" Goodyear tires need to be replaced . Other than that, the vehicle still looks beautiful and is still the King of the Haul. Yakima cross bars are highly recommended in lieu of factory rails; much more versatile.

20" 5 spoke rims, body design, new-gen wipers, superior 4WD system w/stabilatrak, power and torque.

Flex fuel is useless in CA - no local retailer for E85. Rear passenger windows need to be redesigned so that they can slide completely open. 3rd row seat removal and replacement very cumbersome. Windshield glass consistency needs improvement-some blurry spots. Make On-Star full time activated!

Buyer Beware
By Telesia

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle and from day one have had problems. I have the LTZ and first the sunroof and entertainment system broke on day one, they replaced it. Then the check engine light came on twice and fixed it something with the omission system covered by warranty. Then the door handle came off for no reason in my hand, not covered by warranty, dealer said this happens to Tahoe's. Then intermediate steering column makes clunk noise not covered by warranty GM is aware of problem but won't recall it because not a safety issue. costs $300. I don't know about you but steering is a safety issue. No trunk space with 3rd row up. Not happy can't wait to trade it.

DVD system, the heated power seats LTZ model, mp3 player connection,

GM should cover parts that are a known problem with the tahoe such as the intermediate steering column and the door handles and the check engine lights.

Excellent Vehicle
By Richard

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Definitely love this Tahoe. This is my second SUV. Came from a 2006 Hummer H3, which I realized was a mistake shortly after the purchase. Even thought both vehicles are GM products, the Tahoe by far is definitely a better vehicle in every category, i.e., comfort, build quality, interior, exterior, gas mileage, and ride. My girlfriend and I absolutely love to drive the HOE. Avg. city mpg is around 15.5 and hwy when cruising around 70 mph is 21. Not bad for a 5600 lb. vehicle with a V8. Plan on keeping the Tahoe for many years.

Styling, smooth ride, good gas mileage,

None to report.

Satisfied Owner
By Mark

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Tahoe new last October on the 0% interest deal. Truck drives as smooth as can be on the highway. No squeeks, rattles, or loose parts in the interior and I am now at 12,000 miles. It is a bit sluggish for me, but power is good for the vehicle size (nothing a custom tune can't fix). I tend to have a heavy foot, and I am comparing it to the Trailblazer SS I had right before it. This is my first Full Size SUV and I am pleased so far. Feels like I am driving a house on wheels because it is so comfortable to drive. I feel very safe with my wife and baby boy in the car. I can get about 450 miles (mixed driving) to a tank of gas which is excellent in my opinion for a vehicle this size.

DVD player, Captain's Chairs, My 22 inch GM chrome wheel package, and all of the other available accessories GM offers to customize your truck. Gas mileage is good.

None...I just wish I held out for the 6.2 Liter engine and 6 speed transmission in the 09 models.

Love My Tahoe
By Jennifer

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First Chevy I've owned. It's very roomy and comfortable. Love sitting high up on the road!!!

I love the seat heaters and the memory seats. The automatic tailgate is great. Car start is great for NJ winters.

I wish the 3rd row folded into the ground flush(like the excursion). The 3rd row seats are heavy and cumbersome to take in and out!!

• SUV