2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Smooth
By Sam on 05/27/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth SUV! Got the LT2 package with 20" wheels. The Granite blue paint turns heads on the road. Plenty of power and you can't beat the price. Gas mileage is on average 15-16mpg. Drove the Yukon and you can get the same package in a Chevy for a few thousand less.

1st Tahoe of many more!
By SUVmebaby on 05/19/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new Tahoe! The ride and styling are awesome! Rides better than the car I traded. I have an LT3 with the Z71 package. I considered the LTZ, but felt I was getting a lot of expensive features that don't add much resale value. Save yourself the $2K for 20" wheels on the LTZ and get the Z71's 18 inchers. The Z71 also has all the chrome accents of an LTZ. I agree with another post that the Active Fuel Mgmt is a gimmick, but E85 is awesome. So what if mileage goes down, the fuel is cheaper and Made in the USA!

My 3rd Tahoe...this is the best by far
By scootermc on 05/07/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the LTZ with Sun/Fun and Entertainment package. I must say we love the car. This is my 3rd "current generation" Tahoe...had an '01, '04, and now the '08. A few "fit and finish" issues with seat covering pulling away from cushion...but nothing too tragic. They did fix a service bulletin item on my first service visit...problem with spring over left rear tire being slightly eskew caused a weird klunk when you went over speed bumps. Fixed at no charge...about 1/2 hr work. We've been very happy with the car. Gas mileage is better than a Honda Odyssey with lots of room, comfort, and luxury. Recommend highly...but haggle cause everybody's dumping their SUV's these days.

Fun Ride
By hammer760 on 05/04/08 21:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my LTZ now for about 2 months and am pretty happy with it. Had an '03 Sequoia and was about to pull the trigger on an '08 but decided to test drive the Tahoe...thank God I did. Better looking, more features, and a better price than the Toyota. Only thing the Seqouia had which I wish the Tahoe has is fold flat 3rd row seating and a little more rear storage room. I've towed our boat and the automatic rear leveling suspension (which I guess is only available on the LTZ) works great. I wish I would have bought this a few months earlier to try the 4x4 out. By the way the guy who wrote that he's getting 18.3 mpg 70% city is a liar. I'm getting 14-15 mpg in 50/50 city/hwy driving.

Extremely Impressed - '08 Tahoe LTZ
By Mike on 04/30/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 1.5 years of SUV research and actually targeting the Denali, we found the White Diamond LTZ and were totally impressed over the Denali! Purchased this beautiful SUV w/White Diamond Pkg, 20" Wheels, Sun/Dest Ent Pkg, Titanium Interior 2 weeks ago for my wife and we both absolutely love it! I cannot say enough about being so impressed with how far GM has come in their interior design, dead-silent cabin, feature rich appointments, and overall comfort. With 2 kids, bags/laptop cases, a stroller, and almost daily trips to the store, this SUV is the most awesome and fitting vehicle we have owned to date. We intend to use the OnStar, as it will incoporate family shared plans on Verizon.

Now we go in a Tahoe
By dwightex on 04/28/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bot this car since we commute 1x week 200 miles back and forth from home to work through the mountains of western Maryland. This truck is a dream to drive on the highway. We bought the car because of 0% finance and GM rebate. The $49,000 sticker was really the same price as a $36K car, so it was a good value. We are pleased, except that the car is so big and heavy it is a little tough in the city. Gas mileage for us is 16.9 combined over the past 5000 miles.

08 Tahoe purchase
By D S W on 04/21/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Compaired Tahoe and Toyota Sequoia, bought the Tahoe. A lot more equiptment for the money, nicer interior and better gas mileage. New 100K/5yr warranty also helped with decission. I have the LTZ with all the toys and they all work as advertised. Ride is very smooth,the V8 to V4 modes are seamless. Biggest negative is rear seating, especially the 3rd row and the lack of independant rear suspension. The Toyota is the winner in these areas. The 08 Tahoe appears larger than my 03 Tahoe Z71 , but it has the same dimentions. The 08 is less truck like than the 03 with a lower dash. The 03 did have more storage areas than the 08.

Sweet!
By Chris on 04/11/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just got my wife into the 2LT with the Sun & Entertainment package added in. It's basically an LTZ without the chrome and the heated rear seats. We got it black with cashmere (tan) interior. It's super sharp looking. The wife loves it. Our goal was to have our three kids fit across the 2nd row bench seat, leaving plenty of cargo room -- or room for other kids. It's no problem. The kids love the DVD, and the wife is loving the sweet Bose system with sat radio, nav, and the rear view cam. I can't wait to start trying the OnStar, and try towing my boat with it. This makes our old (loaded) Pacifica look pretty lame. If you need the full size SUV for the family, this ride is truly great.

Great American SUV
By ajayboyapati on 04/03/08 21:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i just bought a black LTZ and sure it is a head turner with the chrome package being standard. It came with the 20 inch wheels and love the way they work with the shocks and suspention. All together they give a very comfortable ride.

The new family car
By ChrisThe SpaceCowboy on 04/02/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My family recentley bout a white diamond edition LTZ Tahoe 2wd. The vehicle is excellent its luxurious but we still can tow our boat with it! The navigation system and power tailgate make for easy loading and directions. The OnStar system is also handy. My mom already got locked out, and they opened our doors right up. The car has some Escalade bling to it as well. The 20" rims accent the metallic white diamond paint well. The chrome grille makes the truck look more powerful. And it gets fairly good mpg for a full size truck as well!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.