Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

2008 Tahoe LS 2WD (4.8L)
By Nick

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We recently purchase a 2008 Tahoe with 9000 mi and traded in a 2008 Toyota Sequoia. With the sudden acceleration concerns, I didn't feel comfortable with my family driving that vehicle. We had a 2003 Tahoe in the past and loved it. We should have just bought another Tahoe, it's now the only car we will own. We prefer the 4.8 L engine since gas mileage is reasonable considering the size of the SUV. We also prefer the LS since it doesn't have the cumbersome cup holders between the front and passenger seats - we prefer to have the area open. We also don't like the fake wood accents, the LS has chrome accents which we prefer. So far our car has been stellar. I would highly recommend it.

Suggested Improvements

Stowable 3rd row. The seats are very bulky for my wife to remove and put back in for various configurations.

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Steve

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This 2008 LTZ is our second Tahoe. Our first was a great all around truck and this is even better. We need a versatile 4wd that can be used to haul our boat and take our kids sports teams all over Northern California. The ride is excellent, quiet, smooth and the transition to 4WD is seamless. We also own two Toyota SUVs (kids car's) and a Honda Accord. Over the years we've owned Porsche's, Volvos, Mazdas and Nissans, but the Tahoe is the best overall period. On our first Tahoe we had over 100K miles and the people that now own it have 126K on it. it still looks and drives like new. We've never had any maintenance issue's with either Tahoe. On a recent trip to Salt Lake we averaged 22 mpg.

Favorite Features

Looks, Comfort, Ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Fold flush rear seats.

LTZ
By park9properties

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck. They blew alot of wasted space that could be used for storage, ie rear doors and third seating area. Also the drivers door has been out of alignment since day one. They have fixed it twice but no luck. I have only averaged 16.4 on the highway. I have just noticed a small amount of oil on the garage floor. I still can't bel. they can't perfect the 3 rd row seat storage. Break your back moving it in and out.

Favorite Features

nav. 20' rims captain chairs in the backseat, dvd system

Suggested Improvements

3 rd row seating, add bluetooth, add wood trim to the steering wheel, a/c in the leather seats.

Happy but a few issues
By Nick

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well I purchased my vehicle used with 26k on it, thus far I love it as it replaced an 08 Pathfinder. Nice pick up and performance. Spacious and comfy on long rides. I have had some issues thus far such as passenger door lock actuator, idler pulley, and now an oil leak. All of which have been or will be repaired under warranty. If not for these issues it would have been 10's across the board.

Favorite Features

remote start

30K Miles & Little Glitches
By Norcal221

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had my Tahoe almost 2 years and the only problem is spontaneous oil leak that the dealer has not figured out yet. Interior cloth seats are beginning to shed as well as the carpet. The vinyl and plastic pieces grab and hold dirt, fingerprints and grime. Extremely hard to clean and gets dirty after only a few weeks. Cold mornings allow for the squeaky fan or alternator bearing but goes away after 10 minutes. 20" Goodyear tires need to be replaced . Other than that, the vehicle still looks beautiful and is still the King of the Haul. Yakima cross bars are highly recommended in lieu of factory rails; much more versatile.

Favorite Features

20" 5 spoke rims, body design, new-gen wipers, superior 4WD system w/stabilatrak, power and torque.

Suggested Improvements

Flex fuel is useless in CA - no local retailer for E85. Rear passenger windows need to be redesigned so that they can slide completely open. 3rd row seat removal and replacement very cumbersome. Windshield glass consistency needs improvement-some blurry spots. Make On-Star full time activated!