2008 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Now is the time to buy!
By Justin on 11/18/08 09:42 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I have been wanting a new Tahoe for over a year. With the 0% and all we still couldn't afford much more than a base model LS. But we found a leftover 2008 LT with the LT2 package, plus second row bucket seats & third row vinyl seats. MSRP was over $42K, after Red tag and additional rebates we paid $31K. Even with paying 5% interest we were able to afford way more car than with the 0% sales. Go find a 2008 Tahoe now, you have the power to buy it for next to nothing!

They're giving them away!
By Big Bob on 10/15/08 21:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got out of a Toyota Tundra. Loved it, looking for 5+ seating. My new LTZ is all the truck I'll need. Stuck with a truck/SUV because of the family boat. Cannot believe I paid $17,000 less than MSRP - could not find a better deal for same amount of truck anywhere. If you are in the market, you have 100% leverage and can buy a Tahoe for less than ever now.

Don't believe the hype
By Z on 09/14/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My neighbor and I bought vehicles at the same time. I bought the Tahoe and he bought the Expedition. We constantly rib each other about whose is better! Upon first drives, they both were very good vehicles. The Tahoe softer, and the Ford more nimble. Nearly a year later, I rode with him last week. His is still quiet. Mine squeaks, rattles, has highway wind noise. I never thought I'd say this, but I did not want to get back in my Chevy after riding in his year old Ford. Sorry, GM, it's good on test drives and initial quality, but just doesn't hold together as well as your competitor.

GM almost lost me
By Chris in SOCal on 08/11/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love this SUV. Can't say enough. So comfortable, power is ok. The look is top notch. Great family car if you have less than 3 kids. I would recommend this over the Expedition or Durango any day!

By Larry on 08/06/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love my new Tahoe! Just came from an Armada and do miss some of the extra storage but I'm loving the ride, super comfort. Mileage is awesome. If you practice hypermiling you can get 17mph around town. It's amazing how far this will coast. I didn't realize that new vehicles are designed to disengage the tranny when you let your foot off the gas. Great way to improve economy.Just went to Maine and got 20.4 hwy at 75mph and 21 when I cut it back to 62- 65mph.

Concerned consumer
By Alicia Martinez on 07/21/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the new 2008 Tahoe 6/27/08 and already have a major concern. We have a growing family and and our new one (w/3rd seat) stinks! The seating design was obviously not thought out very well. We purchased the 2008 with two full benches, second row has 40/60 split, and the car seat latch (anchors/tethers)system was not put in the correct spot. They are located on the 40 spilt, and the middle seat of the 60 spilt of the second bench, putting these directly behind the passenger seat and in the the middle making it impossible for anyone to accesess the 3rd bench without removing and re-installing a child car seat every time to access 3rd seat! (have 2 c/s's)

2008 Tahoe LT Model
By Lawz101 on 07/16/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe is one of a kind. Chevy has stepped its game up. Coming to fuel economy it get sabout 14 CTY 19 HWY. That is saying a little bit. The cons of the vehicle are the third row of seating has about 2-4 inches of leg room, the truck space is very limited. On some LT models the rims are not designed good. The pros are great towing ability, 1st and 2nd row comfort. The design is very nice and interior is nice.

Great 2007 Tahoe
By chilshock on 06/27/08 00:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great Vehicle. MPG is around avg 15 city and 19 highway. I have been able to get 22-23 hwy on many long trips if your not heading into the wind. Even while towing it gets around 17-18 mpg and it's so quiet on the highway too.

Awesome
By JP on 06/14/08 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My husband just bought me this '08 LTZ in the white diamond appearance pkg.w/ 20" wheels. It's a definite head turner. After driving a Toyota for 10years with no real issues I was set on getting another Toyota. However you can't beat the Tahoe in price and all the options. With a family of 4 we can't ask for anything more. And gas mileage is pretty good for such a large SUV. It's pretty comparable to the minivans we looked at. I'm getting about 16mpg in the city and about 21mpg on interstate driving. The Tahoe is the way to go!

Fantastic SUV
By Shane on 06/05/08 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I went from a 07 Rendevouz to a 08 Tahoe this past January. That was the best move ever. I now have room for 3 kids + 5 more adults to sit comfortably. Chevy has outdone themselves with the nice exterior look and comfortable ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.