Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
2008 Tahoe LS 2WD (4.8L)
By Nick on 05/28/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We recently purchase a 2008 Tahoe with 9000 mi and traded in a 2008 Toyota Sequoia. With the sudden acceleration concerns, I didn't feel comfortable with my family driving that vehicle. We had a 2003 Tahoe in the past and loved it. We should have just bought another Tahoe, it's now the only car we will own. We prefer the 4.8 L engine since gas mileage is reasonable considering the size of the SUV. We also prefer the LS since it doesn't have the cumbersome cup holders between the front and passenger seats - we prefer to have the area open. We also don't like the fake wood accents, the LS has chrome accents which we prefer. So far our car has been stellar. I would highly recommend it.

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Steve on 04/13/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This 2008 LTZ is our second Tahoe. Our first was a great all around truck and this is even better. We need a versatile 4wd that can be used to haul our boat and take our kids sports teams all over Northern California. The ride is excellent, quiet, smooth and the transition to 4WD is seamless. We also own two Toyota SUVs (kids car's) and a Honda Accord. Over the years we've owned Porsche's, Volvos, Mazdas and Nissans, but the Tahoe is the best overall period. On our first Tahoe we had over 100K miles and the people that now own it have 126K on it. it still looks and drives like new. We've never had any maintenance issue's with either Tahoe. On a recent trip to Salt Lake we averaged 22 mpg.

LTZ
By park9properties on 03/23/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck. They blew alot of wasted space that could be used for storage, ie rear doors and third seating area. Also the drivers door has been out of alignment since day one. They have fixed it twice but no luck. I have only averaged 16.4 on the highway. I have just noticed a small amount of oil on the garage floor. I still can't bel. they can't perfect the 3 rd row seat storage. Break your back moving it in and out.

Happy but a few issues
By Nick on 03/17/10 04:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well I purchased my vehicle used with 26k on it, thus far I love it as it replaced an 08 Pathfinder. Nice pick up and performance. Spacious and comfy on long rides. I have had some issues thus far such as passenger door lock actuator, idler pulley, and now an oil leak. All of which have been or will be repaired under warranty. If not for these issues it would have been 10's across the board.

30K Miles & Little Glitches
By Norcal221 on 01/31/10 21:46 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had my Tahoe almost 2 years and the only problem is spontaneous oil leak that the dealer has not figured out yet. Interior cloth seats are beginning to shed as well as the carpet. The vinyl and plastic pieces grab and hold dirt, fingerprints and grime. Extremely hard to clean and gets dirty after only a few weeks. Cold mornings allow for the squeaky fan or alternator bearing but goes away after 10 minutes. 20" Goodyear tires need to be replaced . Other than that, the vehicle still looks beautiful and is still the King of the Haul. Yakima cross bars are highly recommended in lieu of factory rails; much more versatile.

Buyer Beware
By Telesia on 06/30/09 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle and from day one have had problems. I have the LTZ and first the sunroof and entertainment system broke on day one, they replaced it. Then the check engine light came on twice and fixed it something with the omission system covered by warranty. Then the door handle came off for no reason in my hand, not covered by warranty, dealer said this happens to Tahoe's. Then intermediate steering column makes clunk noise not covered by warranty GM is aware of problem but won't recall it because not a safety issue. costs $300. I don't know about you but steering is a safety issue. No trunk space with 3rd row up. Not happy can't wait to trade it.

Excellent Vehicle
By Richard on 06/30/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Definitely love this Tahoe. This is my second SUV. Came from a 2006 Hummer H3, which I realized was a mistake shortly after the purchase. Even thought both vehicles are GM products, the Tahoe by far is definitely a better vehicle in every category, i.e., comfort, build quality, interior, exterior, gas mileage, and ride. My girlfriend and I absolutely love to drive the HOE. Avg. city mpg is around 15.5 and hwy when cruising around 70 mph is 21. Not bad for a 5600 lb. vehicle with a V8. Plan on keeping the Tahoe for many years.

Satisfied Owner
By Mark on 06/15/09 05:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my Tahoe new last October on the 0% interest deal. Truck drives as smooth as can be on the highway. No squeeks, rattles, or loose parts in the interior and I am now at 12,000 miles. It is a bit sluggish for me, but power is good for the vehicle size (nothing a custom tune can't fix). I tend to have a heavy foot, and I am comparing it to the Trailblazer SS I had right before it. This is my first Full Size SUV and I am pleased so far. Feels like I am driving a house on wheels because it is so comfortable to drive. I feel very safe with my wife and baby boy in the car. I can get about 450 miles (mixed driving) to a tank of gas which is excellent in my opinion for a vehicle this size.

Love My Tahoe
By Jennifer on 03/28/09 06:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First Chevy I've owned. It's very roomy and comfortable. Love sitting high up on the road!!!

Woes of a Tahoe
By CDH on 01/10/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First GM in years. Came from a 08 Chevy classic truck. Bought this one sight unseen due to color prefrence. Tahoe was built in Arlington assembally plant. Very poor build job, had to adjust tailgate latch to get it to close, adjusted all doors and folding seats for smoother operation. Very poor rear seating quality, jamming is a problem when folding. Been in shop 4 times for electronic problems, intermittent failures of 4 wheel drive, Stabilitrac/Trac control. Looks like side molding tape will pull loose soon. Dealer claims wiring harness was routed wrong and was the cause of electronic faults. Again poor build quality. My suggestion would be to get your Tahoe from another assembally plant.