Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Dependable and solid
By exitseven

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. My first was a 1996 and had over 225000 miles on it. I have put 80000 miles on this one. It still looks and rides like it was brand new. The power door lock on the passengers side does not work which is a common complaint with this model. I hope Chevy does something about this in the form of a recall.
The third row seat should be an option. I removed it the first day I owned it, however the tracks make it hard for flat objects to fit in the rear. I got it with the Z71 package. Has great towing capacity and the gas mileage is better than with my old Tahoe.
The automatic door locks and other automatic features should be abandoned.

Leather seats Bose Stereo 4WD selector

Get rid of 3 rd seat Make one with manual transmission

Nothing but Issues No more GM products
By peternew30

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned many Tahoes, Suburbans. Have to say that the 2007-2009 models are nothing but issues. Rear window defrost electric leads fall off, door lock on front passenger side stopped working. Transmission required rebuild (under warranty) Noticed missing 2-3 quarts of oil between changes. All within <3 years old. After 3 years the engine light came on many times which the remote start doesn't work when engine light is on. Dealer said the Cat Converters where going bad but a month later said the codes said communication issues. O2 sensor bank 2 needed replaced, And very bad design on headlight, try pricing a simple headlight and running light bulb replacement at your local dealer $200-$300.

Lots of power, good design. Lots of room.

Headlight bulb replacement should be much easier (redesign), why is the check engine light on every other month? Remote start not working because of engine light, bad design. Need trained qualified techs at dealer locations. Lynchburg, Va.

Back Hatch Problems
By shannon32

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well I bought this tahoe brand new and have had several problems with rotors where worped at 5,000 miles then windshield fluid would just come out for no reason. Now I was driving the back hatch came open which I think this should be recalled and when I pulled over it shut and now it wont open the motor is trying to open it but it stops and then shuts again. I have to turn off the power and open back hatch and hold it with my hand because it wont even stay open by it self. The front dash started to crack for no reason. My tahoe is in exellect shape as far as how I keep it I wash it about every other day and it is in mint condotion other then the factory things that keep happening to me.

I do like the Navagation, back up camera

I suggest improvements on the back hatch and dash board cracking for no reason.

Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problems
By Tahoe Door Lock Prob

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had four Chevy SUVs in the last ten years and planned on buying another one soon. However, on my 2005 Tahoe I had to replace the fuel pump which I learned was located in the fuel tank. Cost me over $800. And recently, two door locks on my 2008 Tahoe (driver's side) quit working. Cost me over $600. And looking at this website, it looks like GM has a real problem with their door lock design. I feel they should do a recall on their door locks. It they do, and do so soon, and give me my $600 back, I'll be buying another Tahoe. Otherwise, I've had enough and will start buying another brand...

I loved the under-the-backseat storage available on the 2005 Tahoe - miss it on the 2008 Tahoe.

DUH - under-the-backseat storage....

Vibration Issues
By RANDY NABAL

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck for $50K loaded. I have been complaining of vibration issues since day one. I have owned 2 Yukons and wanted a change and purchased a Tahoe. The only difference was this truck had 20" tires/rims. The sole of problem. I have had several places tell me the rims and tires are O.K. after Autoway changed them on my truck 7 times. They had the truck the first 3 weeks I owned the vehicle. If you put the 17" tires on the truck it does not vibrate. I have been told that the drive shaft is not balanced but GM will not do anything about it. I now have 63K miles on the truck and can't stand to do highway speeds especially with customers in my truck. Everyone but GM notice problem.

The body style is my favorite feature.

Fix the vibration issue's. I felt the same vibrations in Cadillac and Yukon with 20" tires. I even won $100 from a Chevrolet sales manager when I bet him that every truck with 20" tires would vibrate on his lot. After 3 test runs he LOST and payed me. This was Chevrolet dealer on Florida Ave Tampa FL