Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problems
By Tahoe Door Lock Prob

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had four Chevy SUVs in the last ten years and planned on buying another one soon. However, on my 2005 Tahoe I had to replace the fuel pump which I learned was located in the fuel tank. Cost me over $800. And recently, two door locks on my 2008 Tahoe (driver's side) quit working. Cost me over $600. And looking at this website, it looks like GM has a real problem with their door lock design. I feel they should do a recall on their door locks. It they do, and do so soon, and give me my $600 back, I'll be buying another Tahoe. Otherwise, I've had enough and will start buying another brand...

Favorite Features

I loved the under-the-backseat storage available on the 2005 Tahoe - miss it on the 2008 Tahoe.

Suggested Improvements

DUH - under-the-backseat storage....

Vibration Issues
By RANDY NABAL

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck for $50K loaded. I have been complaining of vibration issues since day one. I have owned 2 Yukons and wanted a change and purchased a Tahoe. The only difference was this truck had 20" tires/rims. The sole of problem. I have had several places tell me the rims and tires are O.K. after Autoway changed them on my truck 7 times. They had the truck the first 3 weeks I owned the vehicle. If you put the 17" tires on the truck it does not vibrate. I have been told that the drive shaft is not balanced but GM will not do anything about it. I now have 63K miles on the truck and can't stand to do highway speeds especially with customers in my truck. Everyone but GM notice problem.

Favorite Features

The body style is my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the vibration issue's. I felt the same vibrations in Cadillac and Yukon with 20" tires. I even won $100 from a Chevrolet sales manager when I bet him that every truck with 20" tires would vibrate on his lot. After 3 test runs he LOST and payed me. This was Chevrolet dealer on Florida Ave Tampa FL

Buyer Beware
By Telesia

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle and from day one have had problems. I have the LTZ and first the sunroof and entertainment system broke on day one, they replaced it. Then the check engine light came on twice and fixed it something with the omission system covered by warranty. Then the door handle came off for no reason in my hand, not covered by warranty, dealer said this happens to Tahoe's. Then intermediate steering column makes clunk noise not covered by warranty GM is aware of problem but won't recall it because not a safety issue. costs $300. I don't know about you but steering is a safety issue. No trunk space with 3rd row up. Not happy can't wait to trade it.

Favorite Features

DVD system, the heated power seats LTZ model, mp3 player connection,

Suggested Improvements

GM should cover parts that are a known problem with the tahoe such as the intermediate steering column and the door handles and the check engine lights.

Drive it once and you'll want one
By Sandy

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Tahoe. It is my third Tahoe and I can't say enough good things about it. Drives wonderful, smooth and quiet. Radio is awesome! Gas mileage is not much different from a mini van. Gives me a safe feeling when driving it. Handles and turning ratio is great.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, radio, great looking, and super comfy

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would always be welcomed. But when comparing this truck to some V6 vehicles it is not that big of a difference.

Now is the time to buy!
By Justin

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I have been wanting a new Tahoe for over a year. With the 0% and all we still couldn't afford much more than a base model LS. But we found a leftover 2008 LT with the LT2 package, plus second row bucket seats & third row vinyl seats. MSRP was over $42K, after Red tag and additional rebates we paid $31K. Even with paying 5% interest we were able to afford way more car than with the 0% sales. Go find a 2008 Tahoe now, you have the power to buy it for next to nothing!

Favorite Features

Love the XM radio, remote start, the beefy 5.3L V8 and the color (Blue granite metallic)

Suggested Improvements

The climate controls although seperate are really not. If the driver wants air out the vents and passenger wants heat at the floor you can't do that? Also, floor mats should be standard on a $42k truck!