2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problems
By Tahoe Door Lock Prob on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had four Chevy SUVs in the last ten years and planned on buying another one soon. However, on my 2005 Tahoe I had to replace the fuel pump which I learned was located in the fuel tank. Cost me over $800. And recently, two door locks on my 2008 Tahoe (driver's side) quit working. Cost me over $600. And looking at this website, it looks like GM has a real problem with their door lock design. I feel they should do a recall on their door locks. It they do, and do so soon, and give me my $600 back, I'll be buying another Tahoe. Otherwise, I've had enough and will start buying another brand...

Vibration Issues
By RANDY NABAL on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck for $50K loaded. I have been complaining of vibration issues since day one. I have owned 2 Yukons and wanted a change and purchased a Tahoe. The only difference was this truck had 20" tires/rims. The sole of problem. I have had several places tell me the rims and tires are O.K. after Autoway changed them on my truck 7 times. They had the truck the first 3 weeks I owned the vehicle. If you put the 17" tires on the truck it does not vibrate. I have been told that the drive shaft is not balanced but GM will not do anything about it. I now have 63K miles on the truck and can't stand to do highway speeds especially with customers in my truck. Everyone but GM notice problem.

Buyer Beware
By Telesia on 06/30/09 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle and from day one have had problems. I have the LTZ and first the sunroof and entertainment system broke on day one, they replaced it. Then the check engine light came on twice and fixed it something with the omission system covered by warranty. Then the door handle came off for no reason in my hand, not covered by warranty, dealer said this happens to Tahoe's. Then intermediate steering column makes clunk noise not covered by warranty GM is aware of problem but won't recall it because not a safety issue. costs $300. I don't know about you but steering is a safety issue. No trunk space with 3rd row up. Not happy can't wait to trade it.

Drive it once and you'll want one
By Sandy on 12/31/08 12:37 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Tahoe. It is my third Tahoe and I can't say enough good things about it. Drives wonderful, smooth and quiet. Radio is awesome! Gas mileage is not much different from a mini van. Gives me a safe feeling when driving it. Handles and turning ratio is great.

Now is the time to buy!
By Justin on 11/18/08 09:42 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I have been wanting a new Tahoe for over a year. With the 0% and all we still couldn't afford much more than a base model LS. But we found a leftover 2008 LT with the LT2 package, plus second row bucket seats & third row vinyl seats. MSRP was over $42K, after Red tag and additional rebates we paid $31K. Even with paying 5% interest we were able to afford way more car than with the 0% sales. Go find a 2008 Tahoe now, you have the power to buy it for next to nothing!

Don't believe the hype
By Z on 09/14/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My neighbor and I bought vehicles at the same time. I bought the Tahoe and he bought the Expedition. We constantly rib each other about whose is better! Upon first drives, they both were very good vehicles. The Tahoe softer, and the Ford more nimble. Nearly a year later, I rode with him last week. His is still quiet. Mine squeaks, rattles, has highway wind noise. I never thought I'd say this, but I did not want to get back in my Chevy after riding in his year old Ford. Sorry, GM, it's good on test drives and initial quality, but just doesn't hold together as well as your competitor.

Concerned consumer
By Alicia Martinez on 07/21/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the new 2008 Tahoe 6/27/08 and already have a major concern. We have a growing family and and our new one (w/3rd seat) stinks! The seating design was obviously not thought out very well. We purchased the 2008 with two full benches, second row has 40/60 split, and the car seat latch (anchors/tethers)system was not put in the correct spot. They are located on the 40 spilt, and the middle seat of the 60 spilt of the second bench, putting these directly behind the passenger seat and in the the middle making it impossible for anyone to accesess the 3rd bench without removing and re-installing a child car seat every time to access 3rd seat! (have 2 c/s's)

2008 Tahoe LT Model
By Lawz101 on 07/16/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe is one of a kind. Chevy has stepped its game up. Coming to fuel economy it get sabout 14 CTY 19 HWY. That is saying a little bit. The cons of the vehicle are the third row of seating has about 2-4 inches of leg room, the truck space is very limited. On some LT models the rims are not designed good. The pros are great towing ability, 1st and 2nd row comfort. The design is very nice and interior is nice.

Awesome
By JP on 06/14/08 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My husband just bought me this '08 LTZ in the white diamond appearance pkg.w/ 20" wheels. It's a definite head turner. After driving a Toyota for 10years with no real issues I was set on getting another Toyota. However you can't beat the Tahoe in price and all the options. With a family of 4 we can't ask for anything more. And gas mileage is pretty good for such a large SUV. It's pretty comparable to the minivans we looked at. I'm getting about 16mpg in the city and about 21mpg on interstate driving. The Tahoe is the way to go!

Smooth
By Sam on 05/27/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth SUV! Got the LT2 package with 20" wheels. The Granite blue paint turns heads on the road. Plenty of power and you can't beat the price. Gas mileage is on average 15-16mpg. Drove the Yukon and you can get the same package in a Chevy for a few thousand less.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Suv in VA is:

$112 per month*