2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Love Tahoes!
By Lina on 08/29/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. I have had it for 2 years. I am around 60,000 miles. I do a lot of joy riding plus work. The truck is reliable in the snow and rain. It is very roomy in the front and second row. The third row is in the way and should have been an option as opposed to a standard. My 10 year old is the only one that can fit back there. The only issues that I have is the automatic door locks do not work when using the key fob or the button on the door. I have to use the key to unlock the door and reach over to unlock the doors. Also, the defrost coil that connects to the rear window came off and needs to be soldered back on. Those seem like easy fixes. The gas mileage could be better.

2008 Tahoe LS 2WD (4.8L)
By Nick on 05/28/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We recently purchase a 2008 Tahoe with 9000 mi and traded in a 2008 Toyota Sequoia. With the sudden acceleration concerns, I didn't feel comfortable with my family driving that vehicle. We had a 2003 Tahoe in the past and loved it. We should have just bought another Tahoe, it's now the only car we will own. We prefer the 4.8 L engine since gas mileage is reasonable considering the size of the SUV. We also prefer the LS since it doesn't have the cumbersome cup holders between the front and passenger seats - we prefer to have the area open. We also don't like the fake wood accents, the LS has chrome accents which we prefer. So far our car has been stellar. I would highly recommend it.

Excellent Vehicle
By Richard on 06/30/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Definitely love this Tahoe. This is my second SUV. Came from a 2006 Hummer H3, which I realized was a mistake shortly after the purchase. Even thought both vehicles are GM products, the Tahoe by far is definitely a better vehicle in every category, i.e., comfort, build quality, interior, exterior, gas mileage, and ride. My girlfriend and I absolutely love to drive the HOE. Avg. city mpg is around 15.5 and hwy when cruising around 70 mph is 21. Not bad for a 5600 lb. vehicle with a V8. Plan on keeping the Tahoe for many years.

GM almost lost me
By Chris in SOCal on 08/11/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love this SUV. Can't say enough. So comfortable, power is ok. The look is top notch. Great family car if you have less than 3 kids. I would recommend this over the Expedition or Durango any day!

American classic
By gibson on 12/30/07 13:02 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I switched from a 02 Deviile to the Tahoe for more room due to an expanding family, and didn't want a minivan. Never owned a SUV much less driven one. I'll never own a car again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.