Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

aworth Every Penny
By Joe Rouse

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Tahoe has been the best car I have ever owned. Rides good, runs good, looks good, and quiet. I am 71 years old and have owned many cars and this Tahoe is the best...

Front end failure
By TomL

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My wife loves her '08 Tahoe 4wd LT 5.3L. Like everyone else, the locks started failing. After the 3rd one failed GM made good on the repair of that one. The front end went and luckily it was under warrantee. The front end just went again.... not under warrantee. It's got 130k+ miles and going strong if I had a front end that didn't clunk. Won't take it on a trip unless it gets fixed and I'm not sure the car is worth fixing.

08 Tahoe LT
By Bryce Holloway

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Starting with the cons, the front end clearance is similar to a car, I recommend a leveling kit, the locks are garbage. However it is a very smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. The fuel economy has not gotten worse or improved, still sitting at 15mpg city/hwy combined. Towing is acceptable, strong power while towing and transmission stays cool during long hill pulls. I recently camped in the back of it for a weekend for a race event and was impressed with the cargo room (me being 6' tall) I slept comfortably. My only recommendation is to life the front end and beef up the brakes if you'll be towing quite a bit. Also, expect to replace faulty locks. Overall, I'm impressed with this purchase.

My LAST Chevrolet!!!
By 91notchback

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have and 08 4X4 LT2 model Tahoe. It is driven approx. 8000 a year. At about 38000 miles and 4 years old the rear passenger door lock went out. I replaced it myself. About 6 months later the rear drivers failed. I replaced it also and started looking into this issue. Last week the front passengers lock went out and I contacted GM. Why I don't know. I guess after 3 out of 5 locks actuators failing I thought they may stand behind their product. I was wrong. They said they couldn't help because my warranty was out. I said no joke my warranty is out, but this seems to be a manf. defect, can you not replace your mistake. They said nope. About your luck. This will be my LAST GM product.

Lack of Reliability.

Stand behind your product and fix defects that are junk from the factory!

Dependable and solid
By exitseven

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. My first was a 1996 and had over 225000 miles on it. I have put 80000 miles on this one. It still looks and rides like it was brand new. The power door lock on the passengers side does not work which is a common complaint with this model. I hope Chevy does something about this in the form of a recall.
The third row seat should be an option. I removed it the first day I owned it, however the tracks make it hard for flat objects to fit in the rear. I got it with the Z71 package. Has great towing capacity and the gas mileage is better than with my old Tahoe.
The automatic door locks and other automatic features should be abandoned.

Leather seats Bose Stereo 4WD selector