2008 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Dependable and solid
By exitseven on 06/02/14 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. My first was a 1996 and had over 225000 miles on it. I have put 80000 miles on this one. It still looks and rides like it was brand new. The power door lock on the passengers side does not work which is a common complaint with this model. I hope Chevy does something about this in the form of a recall. The third row seat should be an option. I removed it the first day I owned it, however the tracks make it hard for flat objects to fit in the rear. I got it with the Z71 package. Has great towing capacity and the gas mileage is better than with my old Tahoe. The automatic door locks and other automatic features should be abandoned.

Nothing but Issues No more GM products
By peternew30 on 05/07/14 07:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned many Tahoes, Suburbans. Have to say that the 2007-2009 models are nothing but issues. Rear window defrost electric leads fall off, door lock on front passenger side stopped working. Transmission required rebuild (under warranty) Noticed missing 2-3 quarts of oil between changes. All within <3 years old. After 3 years the engine light came on many times which the remote start doesn't work when engine light is on. Dealer said the Cat Converters where going bad but a month later said the codes said communication issues. O2 sensor bank 2 needed replaced, And very bad design on headlight, try pricing a simple headlight and running light bulb replacement at your local dealer $200-$300.

Back Hatch Problems
By shannon32 on 03/17/11 10:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well I bought this tahoe brand new and have had several problems with rotors where worped at 5,000 miles then windshield fluid would just come out for no reason. Now I was driving the back hatch came open which I think this should be recalled and when I pulled over it shut and now it wont open the motor is trying to open it but it stops and then shuts again. I have to turn off the power and open back hatch and hold it with my hand because it wont even stay open by it self. The front dash started to crack for no reason. My tahoe is in exellect shape as far as how I keep it I wash it about every other day and it is in mint condotion other then the factory things that keep happening to me.

Chevy Tahoe Door Lock Problems
By Tahoe Door Lock Prob on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had four Chevy SUVs in the last ten years and planned on buying another one soon. However, on my 2005 Tahoe I had to replace the fuel pump which I learned was located in the fuel tank. Cost me over $800. And recently, two door locks on my 2008 Tahoe (driver's side) quit working. Cost me over $600. And looking at this website, it looks like GM has a real problem with their door lock design. I feel they should do a recall on their door locks. It they do, and do so soon, and give me my $600 back, I'll be buying another Tahoe. Otherwise, I've had enough and will start buying another brand...

Vibration Issues
By RANDY NABAL on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck for $50K loaded. I have been complaining of vibration issues since day one. I have owned 2 Yukons and wanted a change and purchased a Tahoe. The only difference was this truck had 20" tires/rims. The sole of problem. I have had several places tell me the rims and tires are O.K. after Autoway changed them on my truck 7 times. They had the truck the first 3 weeks I owned the vehicle. If you put the 17" tires on the truck it does not vibrate. I have been told that the drive shaft is not balanced but GM will not do anything about it. I now have 63K miles on the truck and can't stand to do highway speeds especially with customers in my truck. Everyone but GM notice problem.

You wont want another truck...
By georgeb on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is fantastic. If you love the outdoors, and don't need to climb mountains this is your truck. Off the start power leaves abit to be desired. But once it gets moving, it moves. I modified this truck with camping stuff, water system like an RV, second battery for my radios, and other gear, my own lighting system, took out the rear seats, don't need them. I got the truck with the large 20" tires, forget about the nav system, onstar and the radio is great...Leather is too uncomfortable, cloth, with neoprene custom covers much better.

Love Tahoes!
By Lina on 08/29/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. I have had it for 2 years. I am around 60,000 miles. I do a lot of joy riding plus work. The truck is reliable in the snow and rain. It is very roomy in the front and second row. The third row is in the way and should have been an option as opposed to a standard. My 10 year old is the only one that can fit back there. The only issues that I have is the automatic door locks do not work when using the key fob or the button on the door. I have to use the key to unlock the door and reach over to unlock the doors. Also, the defrost coil that connects to the rear window came off and needs to be soldered back on. Those seem like easy fixes. The gas mileage could be better.

Great Truck - Amazing tow quality
By Eric on 07/16/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very good truck and first American full size SUV I've owned. I never bought before dude to styling of interior - the 2008 styling is really nice and ALMOST up to European standards but still a little ways to go. The towing capability with the air adjusted ride is amazing - the truck literally will adjust itself based on the amount of weight added. Gas mileage is "OK" but what I'd expect in a large V8. not sure the "switching to a V4" feature makes any difference. The review states it's a chore to take out the rear seats - I think anyone in general good health will not have issues removing the rear seats - I've never found it a bother. how often do you need to take them out, really?

Love IT
By KA on 06/15/10 12:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. The first was a LS. Very roomy easily seats 9 passengers and gives a smooth ride. I got this after trading in a new BMW X5 that rode horribly. I loved the Tahoe so much I upgraded to the Z71 4WD that converts to 2WD. It has all the amenities of a BMW but the ride is what sold me.The Z71 seats less but my kids are grown up now so I don't need as much room.

2008 Tahoe LS 2WD (4.8L)
By Nick on 05/28/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We recently purchase a 2008 Tahoe with 9000 mi and traded in a 2008 Toyota Sequoia. With the sudden acceleration concerns, I didn't feel comfortable with my family driving that vehicle. We had a 2003 Tahoe in the past and loved it. We should have just bought another Tahoe, it's now the only car we will own. We prefer the 4.8 L engine since gas mileage is reasonable considering the size of the SUV. We also prefer the LS since it doesn't have the cumbersome cup holders between the front and passenger seats - we prefer to have the area open. We also don't like the fake wood accents, the LS has chrome accents which we prefer. So far our car has been stellar. I would highly recommend it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.