Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

08 Tahoe LT
By Bryce Holloway

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Starting with the cons, the front end clearance is similar to a car, I recommend a leveling kit, the locks are garbage. However it is a very smooth ride even with the 20" wheels. The fuel economy has not gotten worse or improved, still sitting at 15mpg city/hey combined. Towing is acceptable, strong power while towing and transmission stays cool during long hill pulls. I recently camped in the back of it for a weekend for a race event and was impressed with the cargo room (me being 6' tall) I slept comfortably. My only recommendation is to life the front end and beef up the brakes if you'll be towing quite a bit. Also, expect to replace faulty locks. Overall, I'm impressed with this purchase.

My LAST Chevrolet!!!
By 91notchback

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have and 08 4X4 LT2 model Tahoe. It is driven approx. 8000 a year. At about 38000 miles and 4 years old the rear passenger door lock went out. I replaced it myself. About 6 months later the rear drivers failed. I replaced it also and started looking into this issue. Last week the front passengers lock went out and I contacted GM. Why I don't know. I guess after 3 out of 5 locks actuators failing I thought they may stand behind their product. I was wrong. They said they couldn't help because my warranty was out. I said no joke my warranty is out, but this seems to be a manf. defect, can you not replace your mistake. They said nope. About your luck. This will be my LAST GM product.

Lack of Reliability.

Stand behind your product and fix defects that are junk from the factory!

Dependable and solid
By exitseven

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. My first was a 1996 and had over 225000 miles on it. I have put 80000 miles on this one. It still looks and rides like it was brand new. The power door lock on the passengers side does not work which is a common complaint with this model. I hope Chevy does something about this in the form of a recall. The third row seat should be an option. I removed it the first day I owned it, however the tracks make it hard for flat objects to fit in the rear. I got it with the Z71 package. Has great towing capacity and the gas mileage is better than with my old Tahoe. The automatic door locks and other automatic features should be abandoned.

Leather seats Bose Stereo 4WD selector

Get rid of 3 rd seat Make one with manual transmission

Nothing but Issues No more GM products
By peternew30

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned many Tahoes, Suburbans. Have to say that the 2007-2009 models are nothing but issues. Rear window defrost electric leads fall off, door lock on front passenger side stopped working. Transmission required rebuild (under warranty) Noticed missing 2-3 quarts of oil between changes. All within <3 years old. After 3 years the engine light came on many times which the remote start doesn't work when engine light is on. Dealer said the Cat Converters where going bad but a month later said the codes said communication issues. O2 sensor bank 2 needed replaced, And very bad design on headlight, try pricing a simple headlight and running light bulb replacement at your local dealer $200-$300.

Lots of power, good design. Lots of room.

Headlight bulb replacement should be much easier (redesign), why is the check engine light on every other month? Remote start not working because of engine light, bad design. Need trained qualified techs at dealer locations. Lynchburg, Va.

Back Hatch Problems
By shannon32

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well I bought this tahoe brand new and have had several problems with rotors where worped at 5,000 miles then windshield fluid would just come out for no reason. Now I was driving the back hatch came open which I think this should be recalled and when I pulled over it shut and now it wont open the motor is trying to open it but it stops and then shuts again. I have to turn off the power and open back hatch and hold it with my hand because it wont even stay open by it self. The front dash started to crack for no reason. My tahoe is in exellect shape as far as how I keep it I wash it about every other day and it is in mint condotion other then the factory things that keep happening to me.

I do like the Navagation, back up camera

I suggest improvements on the back hatch and dash board cracking for no reason.

• SUV