2007 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Trade offs for mileage

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Trade offs for mileage
By was1 on

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like the size of the interior, but ergonomically this vehicle is challenged. Keep hitting the 4 wheel drive knob with my knee getting out. No creature comforts such as change holder, sunglass storage, etc. It holds everything I can pack into it. Had the dead battery issue. Had battery changed at my expense because the dealer said it was good. No more battery issue. I have 70,000 miles and get 17 MPG. The way to do it is coast on every downhill stretch of road, even the short ones. Coast to every red light. Need tires now. Had uneven tire wear but got 70,000 via frequent rotation. So far no mechanical problems. The seals are poor and the ride is loud, as everyone else has said.

Favorite Features

XM radio, heated seats, remote start, automatic tailgate. Probably systems Chevy outsources. The best feature by far is the small turning radius. That is a big plus. The interior leather is holding up fine. The seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Make this vehicle feel like it's worth what you paid for it. It sounds like an old 1969 van I had. The rear window wobbles when I drive with it half down. I will definitely look at other manufacturers next time around. This is my second Tahoe. My next vehicle will be hybrid, but not Chevy.