2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: Never buying Chevrolet or GM a

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

LT 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Never buying Chevrolet or GM again...
By car_truck_chic on

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Tahoe in 07 with only 20K mi.Got a great deal & were thrilled to have something nice. SUCKERS! We now have 93K mi & pray every day it'd get struck by lightning. We've done all maintenece & we even put in a transmission cooler! *bad alternator + other charging system issues.*transmission rebuild @ 35K miles, at 80K started acting up, I think needs new torque converter since not done when rebuilt but wont pay for it, though under warranty.*started burning oil, after PITA "oil consumption" testing they agreed to install a deflector (have a TB about AFM) & they replaced all the pistons and rings too.*cheap materials, molding faded, door handles peeled, plastic int. pieces have broken.

Good for towing, large cargo area, looks amazing. Unfortunately there is more bad than good with this truck.

*Go back to previous transmission, this one has issues! *Use better quality materials! I got stabbed by a wire protruding from my drivers seat and the door handles peeled and sliced fingers. *Change charging system and alternator - this setup is undersized and poorly programed. *HONOR THE WARRANTY!!!!! My lifetime business WAS worth more than an alternator replacement or transmission fix.... But after my experiences (with more than 4 dealerships across the country and Chevrolet themselves) I will never but anything GM again :-(

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review