2007 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Never buying Chevrolet or GM

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Never buying Chevrolet or GM again...
By car_truck_chic on

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Tahoe in 07 with only 20K mi.Got a great deal & were thrilled to have something nice. SUCKERS! We now have 93K mi & pray every day it'd get struck by lightning. We've done all maintenece & we even put in a transmission cooler! *bad alternator + other charging system issues.*transmission rebuild @ 35K miles, at 80K started acting up, I think needs new torque converter since not done when rebuilt but wont pay for it, though under warranty.*started burning oil, after PITA "oil consumption" testing they agreed to install a deflector (have a TB about AFM) & they replaced all the pistons and rings too.*cheap materials, molding faded, door handles peeled, plastic int. pieces have broken.

Favorite Features

Good for towing, large cargo area, looks amazing. Unfortunately there is more bad than good with this truck.

Suggested Improvements

*Go back to previous transmission, this one has issues! *Use better quality materials! I got stabbed by a wire protruding from my drivers seat and the door handles peeled and sliced fingers. *Change charging system and alternator - this setup is undersized and poorly programed. *HONOR THE WARRANTY!!!!! My lifetime business WAS worth more than an alternator replacement or transmission fix.... But after my experiences (with more than 4 dealerships across the country and Chevrolet themselves) I will never but anything GM again :-(