2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Give me back my old Tahoe
By Underwhelmed on 01/02/08 15:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like the way it looks, but would much prefer my '02 Tahoe. My Z-71 has been factory modified to allow the gas cap to open fully! The door and window seals are way cheaper; lots of wind/road noise compared to older models. This is my fourth Tahoe and not as fun to drive. Give me a break on the third row seats that don't fold flat. The rear hatch openers won't fully open even after being replaced. Another design flaw is the hatch will easily get caught on any ice build up on the bumper. I hear everyone compliment the interior build quality but I don't see any improvement in fact I feel it is cheaper. I'm concerned that my new Tahoe won't stand the test of time.

Very Unhappy
By wapiti on 12/12/07 11:32 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Tahoe & I loved all of them until this one. I liked the look of the car, 2nd row captains chairs, the DVD player. Then after I started driving it I noticed a loud noise from the driver's window, sounds like the window is open. What kind of carpet did they use where you can hardly vacuum dog hair off of it? Last winter my rear hatch would not open automatically in cold temps. Found my battery dead twice, took the car into the dealer, was told there is computer problem with this car. Hopefully that is fixed. My coolant level is always low, but dealer says there is no problem. Had door molding fixed, but it keeps separating. Now my wipers dont properly work. My last Tahoe?

Owner
By Charlie on 12/09/07 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a fun driving family car. Great improvement over previous model. I have owned a Tahoe since 2000 and this is the best riding Tahoe that Chevy has made. It is very roomy and dependable have not had a mechanical problem up to date. Once the diplacement kicks in and goes into V4 mode it feels the same. When I need to drive fast it will automatically go into V8.

2007 Z71
By Arl King on 12/07/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We recently purchased our 2nd Tahoe Z-71. We do like the way GM replaced stereo system and control knobs with those that will not peel, the remote access options for rear and front, the new way we can adjust the roof rack (easier now), the ease of putting the rear seats down, the new styling, and the navigation/DVD/stereo sytem.

Most Impressed
By Gene on 12/04/07 22:54 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Everyday I become more impressed with the Tahoe. From extreme user friendly dashboard design and fascinating appearance I am more than satisfied I choose the Tahoe. Bose sound system is perfect and certainly will not make you even consider upgrading the sound quality. Power is very impressive for this 5600 lb beast. Gas mileage is 15.3 a tank. I did however get 18.5 on the highway when I went on a road trip. Overall gas mileage is fair at best considering you would assume if 15 is the lowest rating and 21 is the highest you would average in the middle. That is not true at all. She guzzles gas! Ride quality great and handling impressive when Tahoe is equipped with 20" wheels.

Disappointed after 6 months
By 3rd Platoon on 12/01/07 22:54 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a review posted on 6/15/07. I had the truck for 2 weeks or so at that point with no issues. I've been to the dealer twice since then to have them tighten up stupid and random squeaks, rattles and other noises. I understand that a vehicle will eventually loosen up, but I've had this car for less than 9,000 miles and it's been doing this since about 2,000. I'm very disappointed in the build quality, and I've received several comments from friends to notice the weird noises. It does not speak well for Chevy. Other than that, the vehicle has been very versatile. My wife and I have taken it on several trips, and the mileage has been better than expected (21 on the road, 16 in town).

One Toten Tahoe
By Jamie @ VISTA on 11/27/07 13:10 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I use my Tahoe to pull my 5,000 lb. race rig, with a Porsche on it. This vehicle is comfortable, reliable and well thought out for towing and general driving. Whether driving up hill in the mountains of PA on the floor at 4500 RPM, or crusing down the interstates of Florida at 80...this is one great vehicle. This "new version" of the Tahoe/Suburban line is so much better than my 2006 Z-71 Tahoe...and I love it. This opinion is written by a "car guy"...I race Porsches and own a company fleet of 20+ vehicles...I know about reliability and build quality... GM has done it

OK, but not as good as older models
By Mike Nelson on 10/30/07 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 15 Tahoes, Yukons and Suburbans and they have been very reliable until the 2007 model year. My Tahoe has been in the shop 23 day in the first 5000 miles and still has problems. We took it on vacation a month after our purchase and it would not go in reverse. The dealer had to make some substantial repairs to the transmission.

Excellent improvement for the Tahoe
By Mike on 10/24/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I recently bought the 07 LTZ. This Tahoe rides very smooth compared to my Trailblazer. The interior is elegant and very comfortable. Go with the leather when buying this definately worth the additional costs. Also, the 2nd row bucket seats are great for the kids, they are far enough apart to not fight and bug each other. The flex fuel is a joke. Hey Chevy this is a SUV let's get off of the catering to the enviormentalist bandwagon. The horsepower and mileage takes a huge dive with flex fuel.

Average Truck
By My Tahoe on 10/23/07 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I purchased my Tahoe on year ago, I didn't really expect to encounter the problems that I have run into. I have had my tahoe in the shop severaltimes in the past year for things that should have not failed. First, the main module in my computer system failed while I was driving, tires went bald at 14,000 miles. The dealership then had my car for almost two weeks trying to repair. I have had severaly issues with the computer system since that first time and it is actually in the shop as I speak for problems with the transmission, computer failure, lock/unlock buttons not working, back door pad not working, and Rear seat dvd system not functioning properly. Will be the last Tahoe for me