Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Tahoe for the Sprited
By stage98

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am hard on the truck and push it like everything else in my life. The truck never fails to perform.OE Tires (Dueler HT) wore uncomfortably quick but there is 40000 on them. Love the truck and can see it in my driveway for years to come unless chevy arranges a camaro replacement

Favorite Features

Its intimidation factor when controlling the road

Suggested Improvements

Gas gauge went early in purchase, though i believe it is due to parking on a slanted drive way. Also acceleration while ac is on is questionable

Great to drive and fun to own!
By Mark D.

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Tahoe and first LTZ and by far the best yet. Just hit 36k miles with only very minor issues during warranty period. Keeping fingers crossed that this will continue as more miles racked up. Overall, highly recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Power liftgate, heated seats and remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Better range on the remote start. 3rd row seats don't fold flat. Front passenger seat surprisingly lacks good leg room.

07 Black Beauty
By LT

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Tahoe since 10/06 - purchased brand new after trading in a GMC Denali. Missed my Denali; however, the Tahoe quickly made me fall in love w/it! A few problems that the dealer quickly resolved at "no cost" from GMC. I had the trani and steering column assembly replaced. I am still experiencing intermittent starting troubles, but no stall outs. First trip to the dealer found nothing. My next thought is to write GM - cannot find anyone else with the trouble. Gas mileage is great and I regularly get 20-25 mpg on freeway-only trips. Not too shabby for something this big and powerful. Love running E85 too! Love the styling, and the interior fit and finish.

Favorite Features

Interior/exterior styling, ride quality, stereo, navigation system, back-up camera + ultrasonic parking sensors, steering wheel controls that let me control just about everything. Safety of the stability track (kept me from a nearly tragic collision).

Suggested Improvements

Fold-flat 3rd row seats would really maximize the convenience factor. A better iPod solution would be nice, although there are aftermarket products and perhaps having the interior lights not run so hot.

Very Impressed !!!!
By Luis D.

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I must accept that at the beginning I was a little concern about the reliability of this truck due his history but I have to say after almost 3 years to own it that this is the best truck I've ever had.No complaints at all. Just visits to dealership for regular maintenance and for a 5.8 V8 engine 17 miles/gal. is not bad !!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, towing capacity and fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

third row seat would be better if it is folded in to the floor

Nice vehicle...lacks quality
By Notafan2011

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Z71 Tahoe as soon as they went on sale. Still very pleased with the looks of the vehicle, but it seems like Chevrolet skimped on the interior quality, lots of hard plastics everywhere and cheap leather. However it has held up pretty well other than a jerking rear end upon take off and squeaky door panels. Current mileage is 61K, lets hope it continues to hold up. Had the Traverse been on sale when I purchased, I probably would have gotten that instead.

Favorite Features

Rain-sensing wipers, power folding mirrors, power folding second-row seats and power lift-gate. Rugged styling and decent Bose stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Rear end issue seems to plague most GM SUVs, use better quality materials (you could crack a coconut on the dash it's so hard.) Better leather and my goodness where's the fold flat third row??!