Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Never again
By Texas Sam

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have bought many new GM products and have been pretty pleased but this 07 Tahoe is the biggest bag of crap I have ever owned. Every month my dashboard gets another crack in it, AC/heat does what it wants to do, power seats are a joke at best, wires for rear defrost have come un-soldered from the window, it locks and unlocks when it feels like it, a new battery every 9 months to a year and the latest is $2k spent repairing the rear end because of incorrect ring and pinion alignment. This bag of crap has only 45k miles on it. Way to go gm! Never again!

Favorite Features

The color

Suggested Improvements

Stop using the cheapest bidder to supply the parts.

Been a Great SUV
By Bammer

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have 73,000 miles and still runs and operates great. A minor emission hose is only problem so far - and that was under warranty. Otherwise keep up with maintenance and no problems. Drive it everywhere and haul people and goods. Would be nice to have folding third seats, but I keep them out mostly anyway. Engine is good performer and mileage is decent. Interior layout is nice but some plastic is cheap (power outlet covers broke off). Light color carpet shows dirt too easily and can't get fully clean. All around been very happy with this vehicle. Drive it right and follow maintenance schedule!

Favorite Features

Engine cylinder deactivation, looks, ride and seating comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Light color carpet needs improvement. Third rows seats need to fold into floor - they are heavy.

Sorry I bought this
By sorry I bought it

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this 07 Tahoe to haul around our 3 young children. We thought this was going to be a functional family vehicle for many years to come. Boy were we wrong! The Chevrolet engineers obviously do not have children. The LATCH placements make the 3rd row inaccessible when using a child seat and the LATCH system. The 3rd row seats do not fold flat and are too heavy to be taking in and out, the rear doors are designed to come to a sharp point and small children darn near cut their heads open on them when open. My breaks are hanging up at 40,000 miles, my battery died at 30,000 and left me sitting, the door hinges are all frozen up, and do not work worth a crap....wish I had more room

Favorite Features

heated seats, navigation, the way the doors automatically unlock when the vehicle is shifted into park.

Suggested Improvements

seats that fold flat, door hinges that work, fix the electrical issues, put a key pad on the door, better breaking system, better LATCH system, better rear door design

If I could only do it all over again!
By sid

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle drives ok but has many flaws, It would be a great vehicle if it were price more in line with the quality. This is a great $25,000 vehicle but is no where near a $50,000 vehicle as sold! I have service lights on that have been on since the day I bought it and neither the dealer or GM could fix or compensate for, Fuel mileage is not only not even close to what was estimated but someone should be ashamed! There is no storage, my 98 Grand Cherokee had much more room after storage! (hard to believe!) Poor tire wear, Air conditioning is intermittent without reason and dont plan on listening to the radio without it running or after 30-45 minutes you will need a jump! I miss my Jeep!

Favorite Features

It does have great cup holders and plenty of power points for acc, phones etc. When they work, I like the auto headlights, heated seats and power everything. But my Jeep had that at a fraction of the price! The gps is nice and would be nicer if you didn't have to come to a complete stop to use it!

Suggested Improvements

Without a doubt the price needs to be reduced, The battery life needs attention, the fuel mileage needs to be addressed of properly posted I average 11 city and 14.5 Hwy unless you haul any kind of trailer then your back down to 8-11 mpg depending on the trailer, I got better mileage in the 70's! Hummm

Truth in Mileage
By lostbowl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After trading in my 99 Yukon for a 2007 Tahoe with the 4-6-8 modulation and flex fuel capable engine I am totally disappointed with the poor fuel economy! After 20 K, on the clock, and living in the country where all the driving is highway the average is 15.2. Much less than the 99 Yukon.