2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Second Tahoe
By Rick White on 12/23/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Other than my disgust with GM's fabricated guesstimate of gas mileage - says the Tahoe should get 21 mpg..what a joke. I like the ride and the look of this truck/car. My '04 Tahoe got much better mileage, but upgraded to an LT and like the interior/dash/leather seats. 3rd row seats are useless. Probably won't go with GM again - too bad for the blue collars.

Last Tahoe For Me
By Not Impressed on 12/03/08 10:19 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This was my fourth Tahoe. Purchased the Z71 and liked the body style but wish I would have kept my 2002. Cheap interior finishes, lots of road noise due to cheaper door seals. Just run it thru a car wash and open the rear hatch to see how well the seals work. Also have replaced the shocks on the rear hatch and it still doesn't open all the way. Gas mileage isn't what GM cracked it up to be. Terrible resale value! Are you kidding me it isn't worth 1/2 of purchase price after less than two years. GM could have done much better with design and quality on this one. I'm afraid this may be my last domestic vehicle.

Nice and big
By charles on 09/27/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle because of the room offered. Gas mileage is a big disappointment (13.4 avg) even driving "normally". I had the battery drain issue when I first purchased, but this was fixed immediately with a software upgrade. Dash area looks a little cheap with the plastic overdose. Great on an 1800 mile trip. Tire rotation is cost prohibitive at the dealer. Cheaper to buy new tires as needed! Agree with the need for fold flat 3rd row seats. These are bulky to remove. Resale price (nowadays) is a nightmare. Would recommend.

Electrical
By Mike on 08/30/08 22:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Electrical headache. Been towed to dealership 4 times since purchase. Told all 4 times it was a bad battery. Now for the 5th time, it's dead in driveway 30min after I turned it off, guess it'll be battery again. Driver mirror doesn't work, lumbar in seat doesn't move, and seat somehow starts to heat up even though the button is off. Also, contrary to what the dealership tells me, the dash lights will randomly go off at night and start to flicker. Apparently none of this can be duplicated so GM says it isn't happening...ghosts I guess.

After almost a year, still love my Tahoe
By Brian on 08/08/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Tahoe for almost a year now (14,000 miles), and I still love it. No problems whatsoever except for a minor squeak that the dealer found and fixed right away. Overall average MPG since first oil change is 16.3, and I regularly get 20-21 mpg on freeway-only trips. Not too shabby for something this big and powerful. Love the styling, and love the interior fit and finish.

Bittersweet GM Purchase
By BLKBETE on 08/05/08 23:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After having a Toyota for 3 years, I decided to give GM a shot with their sharp new Tahoe. With the 20's, leather and DVD ent. system, she's a head turner. It's very quiet and extremely comfortable. The handling is suprisingly responsive. The drawback for me is the reliability and trips to the service department. Inadvertant rattles being common, I've had issues with the tranny, the steering geer as well as a recurring problem with the recirculation AC not working; thus me getting a fresh dose of deisel fumes in morning rush hour. I like the vehicle, but will probably trade it for a foreign truck before the warranty expires. Such a shame!

A pleasure to own
By Matt on 07/28/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable and excellent performance. Fuel mileage is better than expected at +/-15MPG (US). Ample power for towing a 5000lb trailer and have yet to have any issues with transmission.

Sorry I bought
By FallonHo on 07/26/08 21:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my LTZ and have had nothing but problems with brakes and engine lights. Even the rear tail lights fell out the day I bought it. Have dealt with Chevy and dealer for Lemon Law support--of course, got nothing but arguments. Lots of repairs going on, not much fixed after trips. I stopped counting after I couldn't count the trips to service shop on my two hands. What actually happened with brakes: ended up finding out squeak pad was installed on the wrong side of brake pad. Oops! Engine light that was coming on constantly-- intake manifold was not bolted on correctly---after 8 trips to the dealer, they made this amazing find. My truck must have been built on a Friday at 4.

Transmission bad deal !
By CATHY on 07/14/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased our 07 Tahoe in 06. It has been a joy to drive. I don't hurt when I get out of it ! Handles wonderfully in bad weather and pulls a load like no full sized truck we've had before ! We have had a few glitches tho we had a problem with the battery going bad after a few months. Bought a new one problem solved! Power lift gate off track still not fixed. The real problem is the transmission went out at 105,000. All our miles are highway miles. This should not have happened, it just went out ! We called OnStar for a diagnositics, couldn't find a problem! We knew there was one tho! So any way we got online and there are pages and pages of transmission problems. So check it out before you buy

I regret buying my Tahoe.
By walt2364 on 06/24/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

At 45K miles, the vehicle is in the shop for its second transmission rebuild (first occurred at 29K). Dealer initially told me that a loaner would not be available, but after a call to the service manager, they provided me with a Cobalt. The vehicle does not make good use of its interior space. 3rd row seats offer no room for passengers or storage behind. Overall, I couldn't be more dissatisfied with this purchase.