Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Never buying Chevrolet or GM again...
By car_truck_chic

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Tahoe in 07 with only 20K mi.Got a great deal & were thrilled to have something nice. SUCKERS! We now have 93K mi & pray every day it'd get struck by lightning. We've done all maintenece & we even put in a transmission cooler! *bad alternator + other charging system issues.*transmission rebuild @ 35K miles, at 80K started acting up, I think needs new torque converter since not done when rebuilt but wont pay for it, though under warranty.*started burning oil, after PITA "oil consumption" testing they agreed to install a deflector (have a TB about AFM) & they replaced all the pistons and rings too.*cheap materials, molding faded, door handles peeled, plastic int. pieces have broken.

Good for towing, large cargo area, looks amazing. Unfortunately there is more bad than good with this truck.

*Go back to previous transmission, this one has issues! *Use better quality materials! I got stabbed by a wire protruding from my drivers seat and the door handles peeled and sliced fingers. *Change charging system and alternator - this setup is undersized and poorly programed. *HONOR THE WARRANTY!!!!! My lifetime business WAS worth more than an alternator replacement or transmission fix.... But after my experiences (with more than 4 dealerships across the country and Chevrolet themselves) I will never but anything GM again :-(

Unreliable SUV
By md1735

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Junk, poorly made GM vehicle. Won't buy another after how I was treated by Chevrolet Customer Service. Said it was all my fault and not a vehicle defects (too many to list)

Tows fine, plenty of room for family as long as they don't go into 3rd row seat. Ride is good.

Quality is gone on this vehicle. Looks don't mean a thing when the vehicle material is designed like it is. $25000 vehicle priced at $41000, rip off. No way a 3 year old vehicle should fall apart and look like its 15. Sad day when a Chev man walks away...

Used to be the best SUV
By catlover

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 07, after having a 2001 suburban for 5 years. Dealership is great and has wonderful service - so NO complaints there. Controls are confusing. Seating very uncomfortable compared to 01 SUV. Now that I have 101K on the Tahoe, it is giving me electrical problems. Thought I would get another 70K out of it, but afraid to keep it much longer before it decides to leave me on the side of the road. Very disappointing...way to go GM, your unions will be the death of you yet..

heated seats, superb sound system. Great power and 21 MPG average..

Fix the electrical problems and provide more comfortable seating for long rides.. The armrest is hard plastic - and hurts your arm..

Still the One
By Cowtown, PA

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Continues to impress even as the miles pile up---over 80k at the time of this review---normal maintenance only. Wouldn't consider any other brand of large SUV. Plan to keep it for the long haul.

Styling---exterior and interior. Premium sound system rocks.

Bring back the 'barn door' option--- loved it on my '02.

I can not believe this failure
By John

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 new and within 1,500 miles had to replace the radiator cooling fan because of a bearing failure. Dealer could not believe this failure and said this was a first. At 19,000 miles a bearing failure caused my transmission to fail. I do not drive this SUV off road. I drive this to work and back with a total of 26 miles a day. I have taken (2) trips and now I would be afraid going out of town. I will be trading this joke in very soon. I will not buy GM again. Oh and again (Dealer could not believe this failure and said this was a first). Same statement Following a transmission replacement. If you like to look at this SUV then this is the SUV for you. If want to drive this SUV then

Outside look

Put in a more reliable equipment

• SUV