Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Used to be the best SUV
By catlover

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 07, after having a 2001 suburban for 5 years. Dealership is great and has wonderful service - so NO complaints there. Controls are confusing. Seating very uncomfortable compared to 01 SUV. Now that I have 101K on the Tahoe, it is giving me electrical problems. Thought I would get another 70K out of it, but afraid to keep it much longer before it decides to leave me on the side of the road. Very disappointing...way to go GM, your unions will be the death of you yet..

Favorite Features

heated seats, superb sound system. Great power and 21 MPG average..

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical problems and provide more comfortable seating for long rides.. The armrest is hard plastic - and hurts your arm..

Still the One
By Cowtown, PA

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Continues to impress even as the miles pile up---over 80k at the time of this review---normal maintenance only. Wouldn't consider any other brand of large SUV. Plan to keep it for the long haul.

Favorite Features

Styling---exterior and interior. Premium sound system rocks.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the 'barn door' option--- loved it on my '02.

I can not believe this failure
By John

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 new and within 1,500 miles had to replace the radiator cooling fan because of a bearing failure. Dealer could not believe this failure and said this was a first. At 19,000 miles a bearing failure caused my transmission to fail. I do not drive this SUV off road. I drive this to work and back with a total of 26 miles a day. I have taken (2) trips and now I would be afraid going out of town. I will be trading this joke in very soon. I will not buy GM again. Oh and again (Dealer could not believe this failure and said this was a first). Same statement Following a transmission replacement. If you like to look at this SUV then this is the SUV for you. If want to drive this SUV then

Favorite Features

Outside look

Suggested Improvements

Put in a more reliable equipment

4 1/2 years of great driving
By MtnsAndBeach

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Was an early adopter of the 2007 4wd after driving 2001 LS 4wd. Interior improvements were huge, exterior styling and finish great. I have had zero major issues with this rig. The interior still looks new. The biggest issue I had was the driver side exterior mirror whistled between 35 and 45 mph. After three "fixes", they finally replaced the mirror to solve the problem. Still driving on first set of brakes,mileage is 15.2 around town and 19 on trips, even over mountains in Oregon. On flat freeway, best mpg so far is 21. Of course, if you your foot is heavy expect 12 mpg, but that is you not the rig. Towing has been great. Would have to thing hard to come up with a serious complaint.

Favorite Features

Interior styling, XM, Bose sound system with mp3 jack, tons of room, towing, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Same as most others on the rear seat. Heavy and awkward to remove.

Never again
By Texas Sam

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have bought many new GM products and have been pretty pleased but this 07 Tahoe is the biggest bag of crap I have ever owned. Every month my dashboard gets another crack in it, AC/heat does what it wants to do, power seats are a joke at best, wires for rear defrost have come un-soldered from the window, it locks and unlocks when it feels like it, a new battery every 9 months to a year and the latest is $2k spent repairing the rear end because of incorrect ring and pinion alignment. This bag of crap has only 45k miles on it. Way to go gm! Never again!

Favorite Features

The color

Suggested Improvements

Stop using the cheapest bidder to supply the parts.