2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
So far so good!
By Triadium on 04/02/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT3 about 2.5 years now. It's been holding up really well so far. It still looks good and the interior has

Disappointed
By cs07 on 02/23/09 18:38 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded an 03 Z71 4X4 Tahoe for an 07 LT. It took me almost a year to find the exact options and colors that I was looking for. Already replaced the struts on rear hatch and instrument cluster - under warranty or it would have been traded. Local dealer has been wonderful. Interior is not going to hold up. The gas mileage is ridiculously overrated. I drive all hwy with 1 stop sign and easy driving and only average 17 on a good day - finally got 19 on interstate. Was mislead my Chevy reports. Awful resell value. This truck is awesome to look at and nice to drive but I can tell there is no way it will hold up like my last one. Die hard Chevy person, but probably not for long

Trade offs for mileage
By was1 on 02/12/09 10:31 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like the size of the interior, but ergonomically this vehicle is challenged. Keep hitting the 4 wheel drive knob with my knee getting out. No creature comforts such as change holder, sunglass storage, etc. It holds everything I can pack into it. Had the dead battery issue. Had battery changed at my expense because the dealer said it was good. No more battery issue. I have 70,000 miles and get 17 MPG. The way to do it is coast on every downhill stretch of road, even the short ones. Coast to every red light. Need tires now. Had uneven tire wear but got 70,000 via frequent rotation. So far no mechanical problems. The seals are poor and the ride is loud, as everyone else has said.

Great truck
By rtg208 on 02/01/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck drives like a car. It gets 18-20 mpg on the hwy with ease. Drive in town and you can expect 15. All around truck rides and drives great. Gets the best MPG of all the big trucks and SUVs and looks the best. GM did a great job on the style of this truck. Hopefully the long term reliability is going to be there.

The Beast
By thedragin on 01/27/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought an 07 LT3, put LTZ 20's with new shoes on and this thing rocks. Needed a bigger truck for work, fits the bill perfectly and more. Don't ever buy one of these new and refresh every few years. There are plenty out there with low miles and if you can afford to pay the gas and maintain (not one tire at a time), you will not go wrong.

In love with my "New to Me" Tahoe
By Tina on 01/10/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been yearning for a Tahoe for years, but could not really afford the price until recently. Traded an '02 Explorer that was a constant headache and a failing transmission and could not be more happy. I love the way this thing drives and handles. Smooth as butter compared to my Explorer. I have 4 children and more than enough room to carry my squad around. In love with the looks of this vehicle, definitely my kind of ride. Have heard a lot of complaints about not enough room in the third row, but for my kids ages 4-9, its sits perfect.

Second Tahoe
By Rick White on 12/23/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Other than my disgust with GM's fabricated guesstimate of gas mileage - says the Tahoe should get 21 mpg..what a joke. I like the ride and the look of this truck/car. My '04 Tahoe got much better mileage, but upgraded to an LT and like the interior/dash/leather seats. 3rd row seats are useless. Probably won't go with GM again - too bad for the blue collars.

Last Tahoe For Me
By Not Impressed on 12/03/08 10:19 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This was my fourth Tahoe. Purchased the Z71 and liked the body style but wish I would have kept my 2002. Cheap interior finishes, lots of road noise due to cheaper door seals. Just run it thru a car wash and open the rear hatch to see how well the seals work. Also have replaced the shocks on the rear hatch and it still doesn't open all the way. Gas mileage isn't what GM cracked it up to be. Terrible resale value! Are you kidding me it isn't worth 1/2 of purchase price after less than two years. GM could have done much better with design and quality on this one. I'm afraid this may be my last domestic vehicle.

Nice and big
By charles on 09/27/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle because of the room offered. Gas mileage is a big disappointment (13.4 avg) even driving "normally". I had the battery drain issue when I first purchased, but this was fixed immediately with a software upgrade. Dash area looks a little cheap with the plastic overdose. Great on an 1800 mile trip. Tire rotation is cost prohibitive at the dealer. Cheaper to buy new tires as needed! Agree with the need for fold flat 3rd row seats. These are bulky to remove. Resale price (nowadays) is a nightmare. Would recommend.

Electrical
By Mike on 08/30/08 22:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Electrical headache. Been towed to dealership 4 times since purchase. Told all 4 times it was a bad battery. Now for the 5th time, it's dead in driveway 30min after I turned it off, guess it'll be battery again. Driver mirror doesn't work, lumbar in seat doesn't move, and seat somehow starts to heat up even though the button is off. Also, contrary to what the dealership tells me, the dash lights will randomly go off at night and start to flicker. Apparently none of this can be duplicated so GM says it isn't happening...ghosts I guess.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.