2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews 5

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
REAR END FALL OUT
By Sandy on 06/03/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our first Chevy new LTZ Tahoe. Love the looks and ride of the vehicle. Have had problems with the rear end. It actually FELL OUT. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. still have problems with the rear jerking when stopping at a light or stop sign and when taking off. The rear end smells like it is burning after driving it for about 45 minutes. Resale value is about what we still owe on the Chevy. Gonna sell or trade it I think. Keep taking it to shop and they can't find anything else wrong with it since completely rebuilding the rear end. Oh, well. NO MORE CHEVY'S FOR US.

Honeymoon is over....
By ghorne on 06/02/09 08:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The first 36,000 miles of my first big american suv ownership were great. Now that I'm out of the warranty period, I can understand why people who haven't been down this path before get easily burned by some american auto products. However, I've now had the rotors turned at 38,000 miles and the other day I had to replace the entire power steering assembly ($900). I tried reasoning with the service manager that this was way too early to do for such a new car. I can't blame him for the problem, he didn't tell me to buy the car, he's just telling me how to fix it. Very frustrating.

Reliable car, good highway car,
By dwightex on 05/21/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bot it while I owned a restaurant and had 3 grandchildren near by. Now that we have closed the rest and live in the city, we look like aliens driving this will all of the hondas and bmws. Great highway car, very safe in the mountains and in the snow. Hard to park in a parking garage, which is what I have to do now.

Best I've owned
By dssynapse on 05/17/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2007 Tahoe is a joy to drive! It's extremely comfortable for both the driver and passengers. Lots of cargo space and the flexibility of adding the 3rd row seats. It's a big SUV -- not purchased for its fuel economy -- but I still beat the 16mpg rating even with most of my driving in town for less than 8 miles per trip.

So far so good!
By Triadium on 04/02/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT3 about 2.5 years now. It's been holding up really well so far. It still looks good and the interior has

Disappointed
By cs07 on 02/23/09 18:38 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded an 03 Z71 4X4 Tahoe for an 07 LT. It took me almost a year to find the exact options and colors that I was looking for. Already replaced the struts on rear hatch and instrument cluster - under warranty or it would have been traded. Local dealer has been wonderful. Interior is not going to hold up. The gas mileage is ridiculously overrated. I drive all hwy with 1 stop sign and easy driving and only average 17 on a good day - finally got 19 on interstate. Was mislead my Chevy reports. Awful resell value. This truck is awesome to look at and nice to drive but I can tell there is no way it will hold up like my last one. Die hard Chevy person, but probably not for long

Trade offs for mileage
By was1 on 02/12/09 10:31 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like the size of the interior, but ergonomically this vehicle is challenged. Keep hitting the 4 wheel drive knob with my knee getting out. No creature comforts such as change holder, sunglass storage, etc. It holds everything I can pack into it. Had the dead battery issue. Had battery changed at my expense because the dealer said it was good. No more battery issue. I have 70,000 miles and get 17 MPG. The way to do it is coast on every downhill stretch of road, even the short ones. Coast to every red light. Need tires now. Had uneven tire wear but got 70,000 via frequent rotation. So far no mechanical problems. The seals are poor and the ride is loud, as everyone else has said.

Great truck
By rtg208 on 02/01/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck drives like a car. It gets 18-20 mpg on the hwy with ease. Drive in town and you can expect 15. All around truck rides and drives great. Gets the best MPG of all the big trucks and SUVs and looks the best. GM did a great job on the style of this truck. Hopefully the long term reliability is going to be there.

The Beast
By thedragin on 01/27/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought an 07 LT3, put LTZ 20's with new shoes on and this thing rocks. Needed a bigger truck for work, fits the bill perfectly and more. Don't ever buy one of these new and refresh every few years. There are plenty out there with low miles and if you can afford to pay the gas and maintain (not one tire at a time), you will not go wrong.

In love with my "New to Me" Tahoe
By Tina on 01/10/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been yearning for a Tahoe for years, but could not really afford the price until recently. Traded an '02 Explorer that was a constant headache and a failing transmission and could not be more happy. I love the way this thing drives and handles. Smooth as butter compared to my Explorer. I have 4 children and more than enough room to carry my squad around. In love with the looks of this vehicle, definitely my kind of ride. Have heard a lot of complaints about not enough room in the third row, but for my kids ages 4-9, its sits perfect.