Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Solid Truck, Small Quirks
By rustinn

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've put a little over 40k miles so far on our LTZ Tahoe. Reliability? It's been ok considering the car wouldn't start sometimes (back at about 30k miles) due to a bad battery. We replaced the battery and haven't had an issue since. Other than that, we've had some problems with the window controls but that's it. Quality? The smooth finish on the spokes of the steering wheel is peeling and the leather seats are starting to feel waxy and have lost their texture. We've had to also replace the door handle just recently for the driver door because it was loose (covered under warranty). Other than that, the paint job is impeccable and the dashboard hasn't warped or cracked.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System, brakes, low end torque, solid structure (you can hear it in the "thud" of the doors), auto collapse mirrors, quite/secure highway ride, generally good steering feel, safety of the car can be "felt"

Suggested Improvements

Seatbelts lock WAY too often with normal stops and turns (this has almost caused an accident), visibility could be better, price doesn't justify quality/features/reliability, steering wheel is too heavy in parking lots and as light as a leaf on the highway, 4 speed transmission is a total mess and is always hesitant at downshifting, transmission logic is abysmal, inferior to the Expedition in terms of value

Dissapointed in Quality
By mrsjharb

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in Sept of 2010. We have only had almost a year and a half. The dash cracked about 6 months after we bought it. It is a 3-4 inch crack on the drivers side behind the steering wheel. Chevy won't replace dash..but from what I have researched it has been a big problem. It costs around $800 to replace. Next... the Hood latch broke for no reason. That was $280 to fix. One of the keyless entry remotes is broken. We are having problems with the lumbar control on the seats. Recently the transmission has started shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd gear. Overall i'm disappointed in quality of GMC product. Expensive car, beautiful car, poorly made!!!

Favorite Features

the look. It's a beautiful SUV. Just not good quality and GMC won't stand behind product and fix the crappy cracked dash issues!

5 years later and still love my Tahoe
By mjfhorsey001

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got the Z71 4WD in fall 2007 and have 80k on it ...great road trip car. I regularly tow a 2 and 3 horse trailer with 3 horses and a tack room full of stuff and it pulls with ease. The only thing I have to do is use a anti sway because of the length of the trailer when going on the interstate with the big trucks blowing by. More for my peace of mind I think. The only issues I have had are - leak in the rear liftgate, right mirror power fold broke - one new set of tires..still on the initial set of brakes. Weird thing is the interior is great but the black coating on the controls flakes off on some of the buttons which obscures the little picture. Not sure what that was about.

Favorite Features

Comfortable and spacious seating, dash design, bucket rear seats, electronic liftgate, rear view camera, engine power and reliability, bose sound, towing package.

Suggested Improvements

the black coating on the dash buttons that flakes off...windshield wipers. No matter what kind I buy they press down so hard that they stiffen up or don't wipe on the drivers side very nicely.

Never buying Chevrolet or GM again...
By car_truck_chic

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Tahoe in 07 with only 20K mi.Got a great deal & were thrilled to have something nice. SUCKERS! We now have 93K mi & pray every day it'd get struck by lightning. We've done all maintenece & we even put in a transmission cooler! *bad alternator + other charging system issues.*transmission rebuild @ 35K miles, at 80K started acting up, I think needs new torque converter since not done when rebuilt but wont pay for it, though under warranty.*started burning oil, after PITA "oil consumption" testing they agreed to install a deflector (have a TB about AFM) & they replaced all the pistons and rings too.*cheap materials, molding faded, door handles peeled, plastic int. pieces have broken.

Favorite Features

Good for towing, large cargo area, looks amazing. Unfortunately there is more bad than good with this truck.

Suggested Improvements

*Go back to previous transmission, this one has issues! *Use better quality materials! I got stabbed by a wire protruding from my drivers seat and the door handles peeled and sliced fingers. *Change charging system and alternator - this setup is undersized and poorly programed. *HONOR THE WARRANTY!!!!! My lifetime business WAS worth more than an alternator replacement or transmission fix.... But after my experiences (with more than 4 dealerships across the country and Chevrolet themselves) I will never but anything GM again :-(

Unreliable SUV
By md1735

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Junk, poorly made GM vehicle. Won't buy another after how I was treated by Chevrolet Customer Service. Said it was all my fault and not a vehicle defects (too many to list)

Favorite Features

Tows fine, plenty of room for family as long as they don't go into 3rd row seat. Ride is good.

Suggested Improvements

Quality is gone on this vehicle. Looks don't mean a thing when the vehicle material is designed like it is. $25000 vehicle priced at $41000, rip off. No way a 3 year old vehicle should fall apart and look like its 15. Sad day when a Chev man walks away...