2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Tahoe has gotta go
By bamafutbal on 12/29/09 17:07 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

bought a used 2007 LTZ with everything except for folding running boards. The first car I have actually loved. 3 rows of captain chairs, all black leather, nav, rear dvd etc etc, then newness wore off. coming from dodge 2500 turbo diesel, pulling a 3500lb boat, this motor is way too small for interstate passing even in FLA. Have way to many electrical gremlins that surface then go away. Tired of the rear end clunk. Very tired of the 13mpg city 16.5mpg hiway mileage without pulling a boat> AND THE OTHER ISSUE, go online and look for tahoe dash crack. Mine has 2 cracks now, called gm, brought it to local palm chevy, they verified, gm called back and said too bad, not going to cover. car is

2007 Tahoe
By Mike on 12/11/09 16:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Rides well, plenty of power for daily use, decent fuel economy for vehicle it's size, plenty of space for 4 and groceries. Annoying to have to remove 3rd row seats to get storage for large items. Can't figure out why GM can't design one that folds flat. 6 batteries in 2 years and GM still hasn't solved this mystery. Dash Cracked in 4 places. Plastic too thin. GM stated was not manufacturing defect and not their problem.

Tahoe for the Sprited
By stage98 on 11/23/09 09:57 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am hard on the truck and push it like everything else in my life. The truck never fails to perform.OE Tires (Dueler HT) wore uncomfortably quick but there is 40000 on them. Love the truck and can see it in my driveway for years to come unless chevy arranges a camaro replacement

Great to drive and fun to own!
By Mark D. on 10/25/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Tahoe and first LTZ and by far the best yet. Just hit 36k miles with only very minor issues during warranty period. Keeping fingers crossed that this will continue as more miles racked up. Overall, highly recommend this vehicle.

07 Black Beauty
By LT on 10/25/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Tahoe since 10/06 - purchased brand new after trading in a GMC Denali. Missed my Denali; however, the Tahoe quickly made me fall in love w/it! A few problems that the dealer quickly resolved at "no cost" from GMC. I had the trani and steering column assembly replaced. I am still experiencing intermittent starting troubles, but no stall outs. First trip to the dealer found nothing. My next thought is to write GM - cannot find anyone else with the trouble. Gas mileage is great and I regularly get 20-25 mpg on freeway-only trips. Not too shabby for something this big and powerful. Love running E85 too! Love the styling, and the interior fit and finish.

Very Impressed !!!!
By Luis D. on 09/11/09 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I must accept that at the beginning I was a little concern about the reliability of this truck due his history but I have to say after almost 3 years to own it that this is the best truck I've ever had.No complaints at all. Just visits to dealership for regular maintenance and for a 5.8 V8 engine 17 miles/gal. is not bad !!

Nice vehicle...lacks quality
By Notafan2011 on 07/15/09 22:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Z71 Tahoe as soon as they went on sale. Still very pleased with the looks of the vehicle, but it seems like Chevrolet skimped on the interior quality, lots of hard plastics everywhere and cheap leather. However it has held up pretty well other than a jerking rear end upon take off and squeaky door panels. Current mileage is 61K, lets hope it continues to hold up. Had the Traverse been on sale when I purchased, I probably would have gotten that instead.

REAR END FALL OUT
By Sandy on 06/03/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our first Chevy new LTZ Tahoe. Love the looks and ride of the vehicle. Have had problems with the rear end. It actually FELL OUT. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. still have problems with the rear jerking when stopping at a light or stop sign and when taking off. The rear end smells like it is burning after driving it for about 45 minutes. Resale value is about what we still owe on the Chevy. Gonna sell or trade it I think. Keep taking it to shop and they can't find anything else wrong with it since completely rebuilding the rear end. Oh, well. NO MORE CHEVY'S FOR US.

Honeymoon is over....
By ghorne on 06/02/09 08:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The first 36,000 miles of my first big american suv ownership were great. Now that I'm out of the warranty period, I can understand why people who haven't been down this path before get easily burned by some american auto products. However, I've now had the rotors turned at 38,000 miles and the other day I had to replace the entire power steering assembly ($900). I tried reasoning with the service manager that this was way too early to do for such a new car. I can't blame him for the problem, he didn't tell me to buy the car, he's just telling me how to fix it. Very frustrating.

Reliable car, good highway car,
By dwightex on 05/21/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bot it while I owned a restaurant and had 3 grandchildren near by. Now that we have closed the rest and live in the city, we look like aliens driving this will all of the hondas and bmws. Great highway car, very safe in the mountains and in the snow. Hard to park in a parking garage, which is what I have to do now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.