Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Bought New over 100K miles and Going Strong!
By boeknows

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Jaguars, Land Rover... Bar-none this is the most reliable vehicle ive owned. I feel like im sitting in my family room leather couch. Im 6'3'' 250lbs. and fits like a charm. GM has out done itself on its SUV's

Great truck....almost too good
By blakeg

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have almost 90,000 miles on my 4x4 T-hoe. I have driven her up and down the California coast off roads and camping, snowboarding in the mountains, weekly daily driver So cal traffic, towed small boat/jetskies/dirt bikes at times, and it sits outside on a peninsula at the beach (damp saline weather) for over 6 years. It's been a great truck. Obviously after 6 years things are going to wear and turning over the big V8 burns fuel, tires, brakes, batteries, assorted plastic buttons....if you can't run with the big dogs get off the porch. It's comfy and has great road presence. I'm stoked so far - hope to have the same review in 100,000 more miles

Favorite Features

Reliability, road presence, comfort, performance, Bose stereo bumps

Suggested Improvements

Too much plastic...it just doesn't last for the long haul and will need to be replaced here and there. Welcome to owning a depreciating asset.

Too Many Problems
By msgtaylor

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Too many issues with this vehicle after the 4th year. The cylinder was misfiring causing the truck to shut down in the middle of the street. Also, we paid $1,100 for sensors to be replaced before we were able to get a tag last year. This year has been the worse. Despite $2,000 in repairs the check engine light has yet to go off. There is no warranty at this point. The Tahoe is sitting in my driveway because I can't get a tag with the check engine light on.

Favorite Features

The best feature is the exterior paint. It's spacious and the seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Build a better engine.

2007 Tahoe - These posts are scarey!
By mvega57

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Tahoe new. It's 5.3L Flex Fuel, 2 wheel drive. 5 years later and 53Kmi I have no complaints about the car (can't say that about the dealership Svc people - they don't really understand how systems on a car work now-a-days). While under warranty all servicing done at a Chevy dealer; Front door interior handles replaces (chrome peeling), side doors plastic trim and rear seal in the transmission replaced (started leaking). It's been a great car, tows a 4,000+ lbs trailer no problem. If I would have read the negative reviews first, I would have never purchased it! I'm glad I didn't, this Tahoe has been great for us.

Favorite Features

Interior room for the driver

Suggested Improvements

Front bucket seats and a center console with storage.

Chevrolet sucks
By mrswinnie

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My Tahoe started to do some weird things. It would cut off and lock me in the truck. Then after a few minutes, it would start again like nothing was wrong. The radio has completely gone out and the lights flicker. Took it to Chevrolet and they did an electrical test, claimed nothing was wrong. I just needed a battery. Got the battery worked fine for 2 days and went back to doing the same thing. Here it is a year later, it never got fixed and I just went to start it and it won't come start. Chevrolet is the worst at customer service as well as building vehicles. I will never buy another one as long as I live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

None!!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical issues and customer service needs training on how to treat the customers!!