Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Wait till Chevy works out the bugs!
By dwilk1

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my LTZ already for almost 6 months and it has been at the dealer 4 times. Air bag lights, 4 wheel drive sensors, tire pressure sensors and the latest was the wipers for this week. Truck runs great when it wants too. Gas mileage is very poor. Forget it on E85. Even worse! I actually get better gas mileage on my full size Chevy van with a load on it then my Tahoe. If you have children, flip 4 the model with a bench seat on the 2nd row!

Comfort. Generous room in the truck. Very smooth ride. Great sound system with Bose.

Too much electronics in the truck. Not enough storage. Chevy needs to work out the bugs for the future models!!

One Year Review
By Vincent

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven this car since Feb 2006 and I am returning to this site for an update. The car has run flawlessly for 12 months. It is a top notch fun to drive full size SUV. Also, purchased a 2007 X3 BMW and the 2007 Tahoe's interior is superior in terms of comfort and functionality. This is a Chevy to be proud off. Would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Interior design is excellent. Very comfortable to drive.

As a side note, the cargo area tracks that everyone mentions does not impede or hinder the cargo area. Full function is maintained despite of them

I can't believe it is a Chevy
By Ken

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am amazed at the way this truck handles and the gas mileage. In city rual driving I get 18+ to the gallon. Comfort is excellent and quietness is a welcome relief for a truck. Just got out of a 2005 Tacoma and my legs and back love the Tahoe.

Love the OnStar and the turning radius of the truck.

Put Homelink and Bluetooth tech. on all autos.

2007 Tahoe LTZ
By obravada

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I actually look forward to driving my 2007 Tahoe LTZ. It is the most reliable vehicle that I have ever purchased from GM. I have not encountered any problems to date having purchased the vehicle in July 2006.

The handling and the ride are the two features that set this vehicle apart from other SUVs that I have owned. Enjoy using the navigation system.

Gas economy is the one area that could be improved. I have almost 9000 miles and my overall mpg is 15.7 even with the majority of my driving is highway miles.

Form over Function
By Art

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bad interior design. No internal storage, no place for window scraper, fist aide kit or emergency road kit. Hi/Lo beam actuation unsafe push turn signal away from you to actuate, now out of reach from steering wheel. Takes too long to heat up. Gas fill is bad design, back pressure shuts off pump. Gas cap design bad, could come off in accident. Excessive road and wind noise. Not enough driver space. Seat belt difficult to buckle/unbuckle. Beverage holder in bottom of door?Transmission seems to slip. Auto door lock/unlock disable, annoying. Too many icons, use english language, 4 icons representing lighting, could not find airconditiong, confusing. Radio controls too complicated.

Good looking truck overall. Good strong engine.

Redesign interior for function not form. Fix all above issues.