Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

One Year Review
By Vincent

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven this car since Feb 2006 and I am returning to this site for an update. The car has run flawlessly for 12 months. It is a top notch fun to drive full size SUV. Also, purchased a 2007 X3 BMW and the 2007 Tahoe's interior is superior in terms of comfort and functionality. This is a Chevy to be proud off. Would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Interior design is excellent. Very comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

As a side note, the cargo area tracks that everyone mentions does not impede or hinder the cargo area. Full function is maintained despite of them

I can't believe it is a Chevy
By Ken

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am amazed at the way this truck handles and the gas mileage. In city rual driving I get 18+ to the gallon. Comfort is excellent and quietness is a welcome relief for a truck. Just got out of a 2005 Tacoma and my legs and back love the Tahoe.

Favorite Features

Love the OnStar and the turning radius of the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Put Homelink and Bluetooth tech. on all autos.

2007 Tahoe LTZ
By obravada

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I actually look forward to driving my 2007 Tahoe LTZ. It is the most reliable vehicle that I have ever purchased from GM. I have not encountered any problems to date having purchased the vehicle in July 2006.

Favorite Features

The handling and the ride are the two features that set this vehicle apart from other SUVs that I have owned. Enjoy using the navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Gas economy is the one area that could be improved. I have almost 9000 miles and my overall mpg is 15.7 even with the majority of my driving is highway miles.

Form over Function
By Art

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bad interior design. No internal storage, no place for window scraper, fist aide kit or emergency road kit. Hi/Lo beam actuation unsafe push turn signal away from you to actuate, now out of reach from steering wheel. Takes too long to heat up. Gas fill is bad design, back pressure shuts off pump. Gas cap design bad, could come off in accident. Excessive road and wind noise. Not enough driver space. Seat belt difficult to buckle/unbuckle. Beverage holder in bottom of door?Transmission seems to slip. Auto door lock/unlock disable, annoying. Too many icons, use english language, 4 icons representing lighting, could not find airconditiong, confusing. Radio controls too complicated.

Favorite Features

Good looking truck overall. Good strong engine.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign interior for function not form. Fix all above issues.

Great truck, interior has flaws.
By Was1

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Once you learn how to drive it, with a very light foot, and get the 22 mpg most of the time, that feature alone is worth everything. SanFran/Sac on a 1/4 tank. The seats are comfortable, and has every feature imaginable.That said, this truck seems to me designed without any of the engineers ever driving it. First off, the cup holders do not hold a 1.5 liter bottle of water. Lower gauges are unreadable in daylight. They got rid of all the little places to put stuff. Used to have a coin holder in my old one, now a have a baggie of change. For the price there is a lot of road noise. I guess it's light to keep the mileage up. The other person is right about the outside air coming in.

Favorite Features

Back up sensors even let you know if some one walks behind the truck in the parking lot. Motorized lift gate, comfort, mute button on steering wheel, mileage, remote start, Lights, looks, programmable entry exit lighting and locking. The passenger seat wieghs the person and turns the air bag on/off.

Suggested Improvements

The roof rack is useless, only cosmetic. The front is low to the ground for an SUV. Sunglass holder is gone. The gauges are so dark ( dark red needles on black bg) they are nearly unreadable in daylight. When using the remote start, the system blows cold air into the truck at full speed until warm.