Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Most Helpful|
Truth in Mileage
By lostbowl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After trading in my 99 Yukon for a 2007 Tahoe with the 4-6-8 modulation and flex fuel capable engine I am totally disappointed with the poor fuel economy! After 20 K, on the clock, and living in the country where all the driving is highway the average is 15.2. Much less than the 99 Yukon.

Can't see what all the hype is about!
By Robert A.

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Mileage rating and drop back to 4 cylinder performance is a joke. My own SUV, which is the LTZ and is fully loaded, had a faulty climate control system and one speaker which didn't work from the start. The windshield has a scratch in the middle of it. The rear hatch had continuous squeaks in it which the dealer corrected. The dash still has a constant squeak in it which I don't know whether or not will ever be found. The polished aluminum wheels and their quality are a joke for the price that GM charges, considering a set of four high end chrome American Racing Rims would cost much less. The spare tire is a different brand than the four driving tires which is another waste of money.

Favorite Features

Modern design of the dash is good. This SUV also has a nice ride for its size.

Suggested Improvements

Put on chome rims instead of the cheap, polished aluminum tires. Place the same rim and brand of tire as a spare so it can be rotated. The navigation system needs a better data base and more usable features. Its routing system is worthless! Make the third row seat completely flat when folded down.

hate this truck
By frank

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third new tahoe and will be my last.Traded in 03lt that was the best .I listened to the so called experts who said 07 was a big improvement.It is not.I got 99miles and had to return to dealer for service.Seats are like sitting on a pile of bricks.All the creature comforts are gone.No more folding arm rests,cargo net,change holder,etc,etc,

Favorite Features

Back up alarm.

Suggested Improvements

Folding rear seats are a joke.No storage space.

I can not believe this failure
By John

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 new and within 1,500 miles had to replace the radiator cooling fan because of a bearing failure. Dealer could not believe this failure and said this was a first. At 19,000 miles a bearing failure caused my transmission to fail. I do not drive this SUV off road. I drive this to work and back with a total of 26 miles a day. I have taken (2) trips and now I would be afraid going out of town. I will be trading this joke in very soon. I will not buy GM again. Oh and again (Dealer could not believe this failure and said this was a first). Same statement Following a transmission replacement. If you like to look at this SUV then this is the SUV for you. If want to drive this SUV then

Favorite Features

Outside look

Suggested Improvements

Put in a more reliable equipment

Beyond Disappointed with vehicle and GM service!
By georgiagirls

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm glad I came across this website! It feels good to know that I'm not the only one who was obviously sold a lemon!!! For a minute, I thought maybe I was losing my mind in terms of the various things my car was going. "Did my lights really just flicker on and off?" "Did my car really just start popping out CD's, even though I didn't press eject?" I got my Tahoe in 2006 and began having issues with it around 2008. My lights would flash on/off, the doors would lock/unlock, it would sporadically shut down in the middle of the road, and now I'm having issues with it starting. Now that I finally have the car paid for, the traction issue has started....go figure. This car is CRAP!!!

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to do better all around! I'm not anti-GM by any means, especially since my dad retired from GM.....every car my parents, siblings, and myself own are Chevy! Nevertheless, I've had nothing by major issues with my Tahoe. The service techs at the dealers are horrible (well, the one in Commerce, GA anyway). After several, several trips to the local dealer and explaining to them what was happening, their response was always "we don't see a problem" or "the computer isn't giving us a code". That's crap. I don't even use the local dealer for an oil change anymore because of the horrible service I felt I had received the multiple times I inquired about my Tahoe.