Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Beyond Disappointed with vehicle and GM service!
By georgiagirls

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm glad I came across this website! It feels good to know that I'm not the only one who was obviously sold a lemon!!! For a minute, I thought maybe I was losing my mind in terms of the various things my car was going. "Did my lights really just flicker on and off?" "Did my car really just start popping out CD's, even though I didn't press eject?" I got my Tahoe in 2006 and began having issues with it around 2008. My lights would flash on/off, the doors would lock/unlock, it would sporadically shut down in the middle of the road, and now I'm having issues with it starting. Now that I finally have the car paid for, the traction issue has started....go figure. This car is CRAP!!!

GM needs to do better all around! I'm not anti-GM by any means, especially since my dad retired from GM.....every car my parents, siblings, and myself own are Chevy! Nevertheless, I've had nothing by major issues with my Tahoe. The service techs at the dealers are horrible (well, the one in Commerce, GA anyway). After several, several trips to the local dealer and explaining to them what was happening, their response was always "we don't see a problem" or "the computer isn't giving us a code". That's crap. I don't even use the local dealer for an oil change anymore because of the horrible service I felt I had received the multiple times I inquired about my Tahoe.

BUYER BEWARE. GM going bankrupt again, one customer at a time.
By fordee7

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe that I purchased new for $49,000. The dash is cracked in 2 spots. Looking online, this is a rampant issue with nearly every Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, etc since 2007 GM will not issue a recall even though they know it is a widespread problem. The Service Manager and Service Advisor at AutoNation Superstition Springs both told me this is a common and rampant issue with all vehicles with this dash design (Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, etc) Their offer to me is that I pay a $400 'deductible' to replace this junk dash. Brian, the 'Team Lead' in the Central Texas office of GM Customer Assistance refutes responsibility but acknowledges this is a common problem. Don't buy GM!

GM - Learn to value your customers through unwavering integrity, ethics and responsibility. You currently have none of these traits, from my experience.

Oil consumption problem. Motor damage.
By choward41

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I feel I have been taken advantage of by GM. My wife called me today while driving my daughter back from a doctors appointment to tell me the engine was making a funny noise. I asked all the normal questions if any trouble lights are on or what all the gauges say. Everything was normal. I told her to drive to nearby dealership. Ended up oil was low. $150 dollars later in rental car fees for 1 day and $100 service oil was added and some additive also for sound when engine was running which will sit over night for check in morning. I start researching on-line and called a family member that works at a chevy dealership and I am shocked!Well documented cases of major oil loss issues.

None at this time.

How can Chevy/GM know of past TSB bulletins warning of excess oil consumption issues and not notified the consumer! My Tahoe has been taken care of immaculately! It was only 50k miles!These bulletins stated valve cover upgrade, AFM shield install, replace piston oil ring/design flaw 2007 Tahoe V8 5.3L burning oil. Also warranty &service bulletin #10-06-01-0008E fowled plugs! Another great bulletin the consumer never saw J130715.30! I will escalate this issue for sure. Not a happy camper.

Really? It needs a new engine at 80K?
By kumanos

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thought I was getting a great deal to purchase an 07 Tahoe with 58K, but at 80K, it left me high and dry at the side of the road. The valve spring broke, dropping the valve and ruining the piston. Just past the 5 year/1000 Warranty. After it was all said and done, I paid an engine rebuilding place to fix my existing motor (thank God the block was not damaged) $3600 to rebuild my motor. Wish rear seats laid flat for more interior cargo space. Chevy dealership only wanted to sell me a new GM motor for $7,000. Will never go to the dealership, they do nothing but gouge. Young Chevrolet, East Dallas... buyer beware.

I love the captains chairs and they are very comfortable for long trips. DVD entertainment and Bose stereo system are fantastic for the kiddoes. Love the remote start on cold mornings to warm the car in advance.

Stop cutting corners with cheap engine parts. Why would a spring fail?

Some cheap parts but has the reliable drivetrain expected with Chevrolet
By leland5

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I originally bought my tahoe used and noticed a few quality problems. The interior is mostly cheap plastic that often cracks, peels, and does not last for more than four years. This is surprising due to the high price for this vehicle. The bumpers are not metal and provide no protection for this vehicle. Nevertheless, the drivetrain and 4X4 system is nothing short of what is expected from a Chevrolet. I have had no problems with the engine transmission, transfer cases or any major electrical problems. This car is fun to drive, handles better than any other SUV on the market, can handle any terrain and has a huge interior.

4X4 system and drivetrain, handling, turn radius, size, better fuel efficiency, aggressive look, engine power, large engine compartment for upgrades, potential for a vast amount of aftermarket products, and its off road and towing capabilities.

The interior is cheaply made and requires constant maintenance to keep it looking new. Also, as with most new cars, too much of the body utilizes cheap plastics in place of metals such as the bumpers, fenders, wheel hulls, interior trim pieces, and major screw points under the hood that are held together with plastic pieces. A few small electrical problems with the rear climate control and rear windows. Major blindspot when driving this SUV and everything but the drivetrain does not survive abuse from high passenger traffic, weather, and general wear and tear.