2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
2007 Tahoe - These posts are scarey!
By mvega57 on 08/20/12 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Tahoe new. It's 5.3L Flex Fuel, 2 wheel drive. 5 years later and 53Kmi I have no complaints about the car (can't say that about the dealership Svc people - they don't really understand how systems on a car work now-a-days). While under warranty all servicing done at a Chevy dealer; Front door interior handles replaces (chrome peeling), side doors plastic trim and rear seal in the transmission replaced (started leaking). It's been a great car, tows a 4,000+ lbs trailer no problem. If I would have read the negative reviews first, I would have never purchased it! I'm glad I didn't, this Tahoe has been great for us.

Chevrolet sucks
By mrswinnie on 04/24/12 07:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My Tahoe started to do some weird things. It would cut off and lock me in the truck. Then after a few minutes, it would start again like nothing was wrong. The radio has completely gone out and the lights flicker. Took it to Chevrolet and they did an electrical test, claimed nothing was wrong. I just needed a battery. Got the battery worked fine for 2 days and went back to doing the same thing. Here it is a year later, it never got fixed and I just went to start it and it won't come start. Chevrolet is the worst at customer service as well as building vehicles. I will never buy another one as long as I live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solid Truck, Small Quirks
By rustinn on 04/06/12 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've put a little over 40k miles so far on our LTZ Tahoe. Reliability? It's been ok considering the car wouldn't start sometimes (back at about 30k miles) due to a bad battery. We replaced the battery and haven't had an issue since. Other than that, we've had some problems with the window controls but that's it. Quality? The smooth finish on the spokes of the steering wheel is peeling and the leather seats are starting to feel waxy and have lost their texture. We've had to also replace the door handle just recently for the driver door because it was loose (covered under warranty). Other than that, the paint job is impeccable and the dashboard hasn't warped or cracked.

Dissapointed in Quality
By mrsjharb on 02/27/12 15:57 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in Sept of 2010. We have only had almost a year and a half. The dash cracked about 6 months after we bought it. It is a 3-4 inch crack on the drivers side behind the steering wheel. Chevy won't replace dash..but from what I have researched it has been a big problem. It costs around $800 to replace. Next... the Hood latch broke for no reason. That was $280 to fix. One of the keyless entry remotes is broken. We are having problems with the lumbar control on the seats. Recently the transmission has started shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd gear. Overall i'm disappointed in quality of GMC product. Expensive car, beautiful car, poorly made!!!

5 years later and still love my Tahoe
By mjfhorsey001 on 12/11/11 15:46 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got the Z71 4WD in fall 2007 and have 80k on it ...great road trip car. I regularly tow a 2 and 3 horse trailer with 3 horses and a tack room full of stuff and it pulls with ease. The only thing I have to do is use a anti sway because of the length of the trailer when going on the interstate with the big trucks blowing by. More for my peace of mind I think. The only issues I have had are - leak in the rear liftgate, right mirror power fold broke - one new set of tires..still on the initial set of brakes. Weird thing is the interior is great but the black coating on the controls flakes off on some of the buttons which obscures the little picture. Not sure what that was about.

Never buying Chevrolet or GM again...
By car_truck_chic on 07/13/11 07:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Tahoe in 07 with only 20K mi.Got a great deal & were thrilled to have something nice. SUCKERS! We now have 93K mi & pray every day it'd get struck by lightning. We've done all maintenece & we even put in a transmission cooler! *bad alternator + other charging system issues.*transmission rebuild @ 35K miles, at 80K started acting up, I think needs new torque converter since not done when rebuilt but wont pay for it, though under warranty.*started burning oil, after PITA "oil consumption" testing they agreed to install a deflector (have a TB about AFM) & they replaced all the pistons and rings too.*cheap materials, molding faded, door handles peeled, plastic int. pieces have broken.

Unreliable SUV
By md1735 on 12/26/10 20:09 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Junk, poorly made GM vehicle. Won't buy another after how I was treated by Chevrolet Customer Service. Said it was all my fault and not a vehicle defects (too many to list)

Used to be the best SUV
By catlover on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 07, after having a 2001 suburban for 5 years. Dealership is great and has wonderful service - so NO complaints there. Controls are confusing. Seating very uncomfortable compared to 01 SUV. Now that I have 101K on the Tahoe, it is giving me electrical problems. Thought I would get another 70K out of it, but afraid to keep it much longer before it decides to leave me on the side of the road. Very disappointing...way to go GM, your unions will be the death of you yet..

Still the One
By Cowtown, PA on 08/10/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Continues to impress even as the miles pile up---over 80k at the time of this review---normal maintenance only. Wouldn't consider any other brand of large SUV. Plan to keep it for the long haul.

I can not believe this failure
By John on 08/05/10 17:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 new and within 1,500 miles had to replace the radiator cooling fan because of a bearing failure. Dealer could not believe this failure and said this was a first. At 19,000 miles a bearing failure caused my transmission to fail. I do not drive this SUV off road. I drive this to work and back with a total of 26 miles a day. I have taken (2) trips and now I would be afraid going out of town. I will be trading this joke in very soon. I will not buy GM again. Oh and again (Dealer could not believe this failure and said this was a first). Same statement Following a transmission replacement. If you like to look at this SUV then this is the SUV for you. If want to drive this SUV then

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.